Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it wrong of me to wish I hadn't gotten pregnant and to not want to be pregnant anymore?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 51 Replies

I don't want to go into full detail but I'll say this.

I've been miserable the entire time ive been pregnant I'm almost 17 weeks. I'm constantly sick and in pain. I dry heave instead of throw up 'cause I can't keep anything down when I am able to eat. My boyfriend makes foods he knows the smell of makes me vomit. I've had a constant head ache and back pain and cosotchondritis.My depression has gotten so bad and I don't have anyone to talk to about it and I don't want to be put on medication for it. I hate life. I hate being pregnant. I'm just practically numb emotionally. The only thing I feel is sad.

I regret ever getting pregnant and wish I wasnt pregnant. Maybe I'd be able to deal with it later on in life but not right now. I'm only 18. My whole life is gonna be different and I'm not ready for that. I know there's nothing I can do about it now. I can't go back and keep myself from getting pregnant and abortion was never an option. (I would never have children if I got an abortion. I'd feel too guilty that I hadnt given the baby I aborted a chance at life but am giving another a chance). And I wouldn't give it up for adoption. My boyfriend says I can run away if I want and he'll tell our baby I died or something. But I could never do that to my child. I'm of course going to suck it up and be the mother I'll need to be.

But I was just wonder is it normal to feel like this? To wish I hadnt gotten pregnant?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt like I didn't want to be pregnant anymore was miserable felt depressed because of it most of this pregnancy but I really want this baby this pregnancy just has been horrible I'm 36wks
Babernator
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I am not a professional by any means, however, I have battled bi polar disorder since I was formally diagnosed at the age of 18, mental illness is a very serious thing which I didn't care to hear about at 18- let alone up to 23... I have a daughter and I almost lost her due to instability mentally. I was hospitalized when she was 2 for the 2nd time and was told if I did not straighten out my ways ( suicidal thoughts, anger, severe depression) I would most likely lose custody of my daughter. I am 28 now and pregnant with our 2nd and final child. I have been happy and stable thanks to anti depressants and mood stabilizers. It saved my life. I think some of what you're going through is normal for all women, it's when to determine if you're crossing a line or not. That is a decision only you can make, my best advice to you is do not be afraid of medication if it is needed, therapy may help too especially if you have no one to confide in, I wish you the best in your endeavors.
dookasmommy
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM
you should really consider talking to someone hunn for your sake and the baby your young and being pregnant isn't always peachy like they say I know some of what you're talking about you can do it I have the worst time pregnant back and forth to the dc and ER and depression your not alone but don't give up your beautiful child needs you to be strong there's help.Have you spoken to family?you're dc or friends?
Kenzizeva
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Babernator: I am not a professional by any means, however, I have battled bi polar disorder since I was formally diagnosed at the age of 18, mental illness is a very serious thing which I didn't care to hear about at 18- let alone up to 23... I have a daughter and I almost lost her due to instability mentally. I was hospitalized when she was 2 for the 2nd time and was told if I did not straighten out my ways ( suicidal thoughts, anger, severe depression) I would most likely lose custody of my daughter. I am 28 now and pregnant with our 2nd and final child. I have been happy and stable thanks to anti depressants and mood stabilizers. It saved my life. I think some of what you're going through is normal for all women, it's when to determine if you're crossing a line or not. That is a decision only you can make, my best advice to you is do not be afraid of medication if it is needed, therapy may help too especially if you have no one to confide in, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Thanks, I was in therapy and on so many medications my whole life for my Bipolar, depression, and anxiety. I can handle it a lot better now. I've been hospitalized twice for it. Once recently in October. I was fine on the meds but I didn't need them and I didn't like talking to my therapist. I've had many over the years and havent liked one. I was fine off of the meds up until recently. ):  

Kenzizeva
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Quoting dookasmommy: you should really consider talking to someone hunn for your sake and the baby your young and being pregnant isn't always peachy like they say I know some of what you're talking about you can do it I have the worst time pregnant back and forth to the dc and ER and depression your not alone but don't give up your beautiful child needs you to be strong there's help.Have you spoken to family?you're dc or friends?

My family knows about my depression and when I tell them what I'm depressed about they just tell me to suck it up. which I don't understand 'cause they have depression too. Except they take meds for it. Idk what dc is but I'm guessing doctor. I havent talked to them about it 'cause my boyfriends always in the room and I don't have any friends to talk to ):

CTMH_MommyNikki
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Perfectly normal.  At least I hope b/c I've felt this way, off and on, during this pregnancy.  Except I'm 36 and this is #4.  

I've had horrible morning sickness, acid reflux and hip issues which make getting around near impossible.  It was a freak surprise, my oldest is almost 13 and my youngest is 7.  I was getting set to make my life more about me and do things for myself and not feel guilty.  I went through a deep depression for the 1st trimester.  Until I caved and told my husband how horrible I was feeling, that I didn't feel like I would be able to be a good mom to this bad, I regretted getting pregnant.  And then I cried and cried, spilling more horrible, dark thoughts and feelings.  He was so wonderful and great.  He said he won't even try to pretend to know what I was going through and then he apologized.  He said he knew him and the kids needed to step up and help more.  Even more amazing, he sat them down and talked to them.  Everyone has stepped up, started helping more and just trying to be more understanding about things.  

Have you tried talking to your boyfriend?  What about your mom?  I think once you open up and really admit what's going on, you'll realize it's normal.  (remember your body, hormones and mind are going through incredible changes) .  I see you're 18, are you in school?  Is there a teacher or counselor you could possibly talk to?

Kenzizeva
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Quoting CTMH_MommyNikki:

Perfectly normal.  At least I hope b/c I've felt this way, off and on, during this pregnancy.  Except I'm 36 and this is #4.  

I've had horrible morning sickness, acid reflux and hip issues which make getting around near impossible.  It was a freak surprise, my oldest is almost 13 and my youngest is 7.  I was getting set to make my life more about me and do things for myself and not feel guilty.  I went through a deep depression for the 1st trimester.  Until I caved and told my husband how horrible I was feeling, that I didn't feel like I would be able to be a good mom to this bad, I regretted getting pregnant.  And then I cried and cried, spilling more horrible, dark thoughts and feelings.  He was so wonderful and great.  He said he won't even try to pretend to know what I was going through and then he apologized.  He said he knew him and the kids needed to step up and help more.  Even more amazing, he sat them down and talked to them.  Everyone has stepped up, started helping more and just trying to be more understanding about things.  

Have you tried talking to your boyfriend?  What about your mom?  I think once you open up and really admit what's going on, you'll realize it's normal.  (remember your body, hormones and mind are going through incredible changes) .  I see you're 18, are you in school?  Is there a teacher or counselor you could possibly talk to?

That's great that your husband did all that for you! I've tried talking to my boyfriend, my mom, everyone. They just dont listen or care. Josh (Bf) seems like he cares for a little while but not much longer after that. My moms told me I'm difficult to deal with when I'm not pregnant and I'm 10x worse now and that I pretty much just need to suck it up. I take online college courses so I don't really talk to teachers/counselors ever except in my school work. I've written a few papers with how I feel 'cause it was relevant to the topic but that's about it. I don't think anyone really cares that I feel like this...

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay, you need to talk to your doc about how you feel because you really need to be on depression meds.  For some people, they are just necessary and it really sounds like you need something, hun.  And your boyfriend sounds like a total ass. 

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM
I'd talk to your dr because it sounds like getting on a pregnancy safe antidepressant is your best course of action. Medicine is necessary for some people and nothing to be scared or ashamed of.
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

This. You're legally an adult now too, so how much you take is ultimately up to you, but I would hear your dr out and give it a try. If you're struggling now with depression, it's only going to get worse after birth, which is normal, but you can take action now to help yourself out in the long run. Pregnancy is not all it's cracked up to be lol 

Quoting Heather2001:

Okay, you need to talk to your doc about how you feel because you really need to be on depression meds.  For some people, they are just necessary and it really sounds like you need something, hun.  And your boyfriend sounds like a total ass. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)