Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much, is to much to spend on easter???

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

Every year us moms spend lost of money on Easter clothes and baskets,,so how much is to much

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't spend money on easter. The most I'll spend is 10 bucks on candy to split among our family. My mother in law always sends a big box of easter stuff, and I let the kids have fun with that. I'm not big on buying "stuff" for easter.

Being religious, I think holidays are about celebrating family, and our religious beliefs, not consummerisms. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM

We don't spend much. Everything for my son's basket was less than $25, and the only clothes we bought for him was a sleeper that says "My first Easter." It was on sale for $8.99. ;)

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend maybe $20 on each basket. I don't buy special outfits and I do dyed eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
When you spend as much for easter as you do Christmas.
Heather2001
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the family, number of kids, financial means, etc.  I always buy Easter outfits for their Spring pictures and we reuse the same baskets and plastic eggs every year.  They normally get books, puzzles, some little games and crafts and a few treats.  I don't look to spend a certain amount or limit to a certain amount, but I want to get things that aren't disposable and items that they'll play with for a long time.

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I send no more then $50 but usually I never spend that much.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't spend much at all. No new Easter outfits. They were what they have in their closet. We reuse Easter baskets. They get a chocolate bunny, bubbles and one of these (book, play dough, sunglasses) and then candy for inside the eggs for the egg hunt.

YzmaRocks
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Same for us, only we don't even spend the $10, lol.

Quoting kajira:

i don't spend money on easter. The most I'll spend is 10 bucks on candy to split among our family. My mother in law always sends a big box of easter stuff, and I let the kids have fun with that. I'm not big on buying "stuff" for easter.

Being religious, I think holidays are about celebrating family, and our religious beliefs, not consummerisms. 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i wont lie, i like an excuse to buy chocolate :P

Quoting YzmaRocks: Same for us, only we don't even spend the $10, lol.
Quoting kajira:

KME3
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything over 20 a kid is stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN