Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how much, is to much to spend on easter???

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

Every year us moms spend lost of money on Easter clothes and baskets,,so how much is to much

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't spend money on easter. The most I'll spend is 10 bucks on candy to split among our family. My mother in law always sends a big box of easter stuff, and I let the kids have fun with that. I'm not big on buying "stuff" for easter.

Being religious, I think holidays are about celebrating family, and our religious beliefs, not consummerisms. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM

We don't spend much. Everything for my son's basket was less than $25, and the only clothes we bought for him was a sleeper that says "My first Easter." It was on sale for $8.99. ;)

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend maybe $20 on each basket. I don't buy special outfits and I do dyed eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
When you spend as much for easter as you do Christmas.
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the family, number of kids, financial means, etc.  I always buy Easter outfits for their Spring pictures and we reuse the same baskets and plastic eggs every year.  They normally get books, puzzles, some little games and crafts and a few treats.  I don't look to spend a certain amount or limit to a certain amount, but I want to get things that aren't disposable and items that they'll play with for a long time.

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I send no more then $50 but usually I never spend that much.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't spend much at all. No new Easter outfits. They were what they have in their closet. We reuse Easter baskets. They get a chocolate bunny, bubbles and one of these (book, play dough, sunglasses) and then candy for inside the eggs for the egg hunt.

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Same for us, only we don't even spend the $10, lol.

Quoting kajira:

i don't spend money on easter. The most I'll spend is 10 bucks on candy to split among our family. My mother in law always sends a big box of easter stuff, and I let the kids have fun with that. I'm not big on buying "stuff" for easter.

Being religious, I think holidays are about celebrating family, and our religious beliefs, not consummerisms. 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i wont lie, i like an excuse to buy chocolate :P

Quoting YzmaRocks: Same for us, only we don't even spend the $10, lol.
Quoting kajira:

KME3
by Kristin on Apr. 17, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Anything over 20 a kid is stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)