Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Would this bother anyone else? First vent.

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:37 PM
  • 26 Replies

I almost feel like I shouldn't complain about this because of the situation.  When I got pregnant I decided to stay with my mother. She hasn't made me pay bills or rent, just clean house when I feel up to it and buy my own things. This has been really helpful now that I am on leave early from my job. She also helped me buy a new car because the one I had was not baby friendly.

She is a single woman....and how do I put this nicely...she likes to play the field, if you know what I mean. I get home from the Dr. today and there is some guy in the house with my teenage brother O.o so I figured that he was one of my mom's lovers and he was just hanging out while she was at work, which is still weird for me. But then when she came home she informed me that he is going to be staying with us. He isn't her boyfriend, he's been rather rude to her in the past, and she probably doesn't know him that well...I'm 33 weeks pregnant and it bugs me that there is some random guy living with us. Would it bother you if the person you lived with let random dudes stay with you? 

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheyanne1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Uh yes. I'd be highly uncomfortable. Her personal life is her own but I'd be thinking of the baby inside me and how risky it is to have some stranger sleeping in the same house as us. You've said he's rude and that's enough for me to say something to my mother, especially if he's ride to her. She deserves better anyway and to be treated correctly.
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, that would bother me...

norwgnwood
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That would definitely bother me. I'd talk to your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcmlx3v
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I can totally understand why that makes you uncomfortable.  I think I would feel the same way.  On the other hand, since it's her house, she really gets to decide.  Have you talked to your mom about it?  Maybe she just hasn't thought about how it would affect you.

Zipcrystal
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Yeah I was speachless when she told me he was staying. She asked me if I even talked to him and I said no and she said "he's really cool. He can be a D**k but he can be really nice too" I just stared at her like she was stupid...I'm going to try to talk to her when he goes to work. I understand she needs help with bills, and I will help when I am able to go back to work. But I mean this is some random guy and yeah we don't know how he is around kids. 

Quoting cheyanne1234: Uh yes. I'd be highly uncomfortable. Her personal life is her own but I'd be thinking of the baby inside me and how risky it is to have some stranger sleeping in the same house as us. You've said he's rude and that's enough for me to say something to my mother, especially if he's ride to her. She deserves better anyway and to be treated correctly.

Zipcrystal
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I'm waiting till he goes to work to talk to her. 

Quoting mcmlx3v:

I can totally understand why that makes you uncomfortable.  I think I would feel the same way.  On the other hand, since it's her house, she really gets to decide.  Have you talked to your mom about it?  Maybe she just hasn't thought about how it would affect you.

mcmlx3v
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck :)  Hopefully she will understand!

KME3
by Kristin on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Yes that would bother me. I would sleep with my door locked and I'd put something in front of the door. That's how paranoid I am.
Zipcrystal
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Yeah I don't have a lock on my door. But I will be getting one and putting it on myself if she doesn't kick him out. 

Quoting KME3: Yes that would bother me. I would sleep with my door locked and I'd put something in front of the door. That's how paranoid I am.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it would bother me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)