Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

threaten miscarriage

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM
  • 19 Replies
I was seen in the hospital Monday they told me i was having a threaten miscarriage because i have a Lil blood in side my vaginal but i haven't seen any and i had a Lil cyst. My hgc levels been doubling. Have anybody ever went through this or hear of it
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petewifey45
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I am 5 weeks and 5 days
lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The ER tells a lot of women they have a threatened miscarriage because they don't know what else to say. They told me that with my second. I showed up in the ER at 14 weeks, gushing blood. ER didn't know why, but when I saw my OB, I was told the bleeding was due to a SCH. He's now 3 :-) When the same bleeding happened this pregnancy, I skipped the ER and went to my doctors office. Same thing. I would follow up with your OB and see what they say.
TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM
I just went to the ER on Saturday bc I had bleeding and minor cramping. They did an ultrasound and drew blood to check my HCG levels. During the ultrasound we were able to see baby wiggling around, with a strong heartbeat. My HCG levels were where they should be. The ultrasound technician said that there was a cyst on one of my ovaries, which she thought may have been causing the bleeding, but she wasn't sure.

I went in for a follow up today, as I've been having minor bleeding here and there (no cramps) and they did another ultrasound. Again, baby was wiggling around, and was growing as it should.

Before leaving the ER on Saturday, they told me that they were calling it a "threatened miscarriage". Everything is fine, and the doctor said that he thinks that the light bleeding is from a "small bleed" on the placenta. He said it was completely harmless. I'm 11 weeks today. Good luck!
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Yeah that's what they call it. Scary name for any sort of spotting or bleeding.

I had to go in, in the first tri. I jad a bunch of bleeding this time around. I am.now 27 weeks and doing just fine.
Hang in there:)
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM
My midwife told me that if anything was to happen go to hutzel woman's hospital and take the paper with all my info on it cause the er or other places won't tell me whats going on cause they don't know anything about me or any previous problems. I think you should go to your regular OB so your sure and dont have any worries.
cececharisse12
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:22 AM
i had a SCH and bled pretty much through my whole first trimester. i had clots they were tiny but obviously caught my attention..my OB said when you go to the ER and you say light bleeding they have to say "threatened miscarriage" only bc blood is involved i guess..which to me is awful..i'm currently in my second trimester with a healthy baby!! goodluck love and try not stress so hard(easier said than done) prayers your way!
bethieboo88
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM
The er told me this at five weeks with Dd. She's 19 months old.
wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM
That's what the ER calls any spotting or bleeding before baby reaches viability. I was told the same thing with my DD who's 2 and again with this baby girl who is now past her due date.
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM

never trust the ER, go see an OB

Devious103102
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Yes, twice. My "threatened abortions" are now 12 years and 6 months. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN