Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how to make my baby come

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM
  • 25 Replies

IM 37 WEEKS AND IAM I ALOT OF PAIN FEET LEGS BACK I NEED TO KNOW HOW CAN I INDUCE MY LABOR

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Nothing will work if both your body and baby aren't ready but you can try walking, stairs, sex and bouncing on an exercise ball.
pitifulpearl
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Your baby will come when it's ready. You only have a few more weeks left, hang in there. :) 

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM
There's nothing you can do if your body is t ready. If its ready it will happen on its own.

Don't try to induce. Try to manage your discomfort.

A yoga ball, stretching, a warm shower...
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM
5 moms liked this

You can't and shouldn't. 

I understand feeling done, being tired, being in pain. I do- i've had three babies, one came six days past my due date. 

However, your BABY is more important than your comfort. Pregnancy is hard, but trying to force your baby out (without medical necessity) when they are obviously NOT READY is asking for trouble. 

Suck it up, buttercup. You'll have your baby soon enough. If you got this far, you can wait a few more weeks. You CAN do this!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM
It is too early, sorry! The end is always miserable but it will be over soon. Baby needs to bake a bit longer for his/her health.
lovleopards
by Elyssia on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM
You could try bouncing on a exercise ball, warm bath, sex. I went into labor by eating guacamole
joyful_mama
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM
37 wks is early. Be patient.

I know how uncomfortable it gets at the end, but truly you want babe to stay inside longer. Relax and enjoy these last weeks as much as possible. Your baby needs this time. A lot of brain development goes on those last couple of weeks. Patience.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

baby will come when they are ready :)  with my 2nd, i had sex one night and the contrax kicked off from there and never stopped.  she was born at 36w5d. 

i've been having tons of sex this time trying to produce the same effect and, alas, nothing.  I'm currently 37w5d.  As of yesterday, 80% effaced, head at -1 and nearly 4cm dilated but no regular contractions.  I've tried squats to open up my pelvis and get the head to drop and put pressure on my cervix and I'm walking and staying active.  Hoping it'll be within the next few days but who the heck knows?!

Good luck sweetie.  It won't be much longer.

F.E.
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I'm 37 weeks and with you. Unfortunately my baby is posterior and high up on top of my pelvic instead of going down inside of it. The fact that it's on top of my pelvic puts me in terrible pain ... I wish things will be easier this time around but I have a feeling it's still a long way to go.... trying to stay positive and enjoying it as much as possible since it will be my last...
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Baby will come when baby is ready.  Trying to induce that early is asking for problems.  Wouldn't you rather suffer a couple extra weeks yourself than potentially watch your baby suffer hooked up to tubes and monitors in a NICU for those weeks?  Because it happens more often than you'd think at 37 weeks.  =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN