Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Restless Legs, Tossing and Turning, and Nightmares!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 26weeks pregnant and am having all of these things. I MAYBE get 4 or 5 hours of sleep at night... IF I'm lucky. I can be utterly exhausted and not be able to fall asleep, just toss and turn for hours or my legs will get jumpy. When I finally DO get some sleep, I have nightmares out the yin yang!

Am I the only one? If not, what do you do to get some sleep.

Things I've tried: Sex right before bed, waiting until I cant keep my eyes open before laying down, chamomile tea, and even the bar of soap in a sock at the foot of he bed nonsense.

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babie113
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I have the same problem its driving me insane im 30w on friday
Melodee0119
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Right there with you

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I had terrible restless legs when I was pregnant. So terrible I would be up sobbing because I was exhausted but couldn't sleep. The things that I discovered helped for me were: no caffeine (at all. Even having a time cutoff wasn't enough, I had to eliminate it completely), no naps during the day, warm baths before bed, long walks (but not right before bed... A couple hours at least), a pillow between my legs, and doing stretches before bed. Also, RLS can be because of a magnesium deficiency, so you could try a supplement.
treysmom9706
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I'm right there with you. I'll be 29 weeks with twins tomorrow. It's miserable, I also get incredibly itchy at night even though I use lotion all the time. My doc told me to take Tylenol pm- I have taken it twice and all it does is make me feel druggy but I still can't sleep.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

lucky you    :- /

soap?!?    lol

Long, midday naps might be the solution. ?

Proud-USMC-Wife
by Ashley on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Lol a friend saw it on pinterest, I have a ton of bar soap (my sister is a scientist for Unilever so she sends us a TON of products) I figured I had nothing to lose lol. I do try midday naps. Sometimes I can sleep (and sleep I do!) other times I have the same issues and cannot fall asleep.

Quoting doulala:

lucky you    :- /

soap?!?    lol

Long, midday naps might be the solution. ?

jeng1980
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Melatonin

iLove723_814
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Im 28weeks and Oh my does the restless leg suck! Im always up and down just to try to get it to stop for a little bit. But Luckily I've started laying at the other end of the bed and I make my dh rub my legs till I fall asleep really does help sometimes. If I get 5hrs of sleep between peeing, midnight snacks, and just plain not being able to sleep then Im lucky. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)