Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Haven't eaten in over 24 hours :( *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
  • 27 Replies

This morning sickness has been horrible :(  We weren't able to go an celebrate Easter yesterday b/c I couldn't stop throwing up yesterday :(   I haven't eaten since Saturday evening, and now, on Monday, I'm still unable to keep anything down.  My Dr. had me taking half a unisom at night and then B6 vitamins in the morning, but it hasn't done any good.  I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm hungry :(  Yesterday my arms kept falling asleep and getting tingly b/c I tried just laying down, but everytime I get up, I have to go to the bathroom and throw up :*(  I'm sorry, I'm just very exhausted and don't know what to do. I'm currently waiting for the Dr's office to call me back...

*UPDATE*

After posting this, did end up hearing from the Dr. who asked me to come in to check my levels, and sure enough, I was dehydrated.  Just got done with my IV and now I feel much better :)  Dr. ended up also prescribing Zofran to help with the nausea so I won't end up back for more IV's in the future.

~Let go, and Let God~

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You need something stronger, like Zofran.  Hope they give you something that works!

tamikadorch26
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Ondansetron and Promethazine. My doctor have me taking it because I was having morning sickness bad too. I lost a lot of weight and couldn't hold anything down but when I started taking the Ondansetron it helped me a lot. Talk to your doctor about it but this is what my doctor gave me to take.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Hope you hear from your dr soon!  Hope you feel better soon!!  If you feel like you are dehydrated, I would go into the ER for fluids.

Peephy
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Just got back from the Dr. (had to do an IV to get fluids up)  and that is what she is prescribing for now, so hopefully it helps!

Quoting Heather2001:

You need something stronger, like Zofran.  Hope they give you something that works!

~Let go, and Let God~

Peephy
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Just got back from the Dr. (had to do an IV b/c I was so dehydrated). She has put me on Zofran for now, hopefully it works and does the trick so I won't have to do another IV in the future!

Quoting tamikadorch26:

Ondansetron and Promethazine. My doctor have me taking it because I was having morning sickness bad too. I lost a lot of weight and couldn't hold anything down but when I started taking the Ondansetron it helped me a lot. Talk to your doctor about it but this is what my doctor gave me to take.

~Let go, and Let God~

Peephy
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I did! Thank goodness to. She asked me to come in to check where my levels where at and it turned out low (no surprise there, lol) so she had me on an IV.  Feeling way better now. Plus, she is putting me on a prescription to help with the nausea, so hopefully that will be the last time I need to do that!

Quoting meam4444:

Hope you hear from your dr soon!  Hope you feel better soon!!  If you feel like you are dehydrated, I would go into the ER for fluids.

~Let go, and Let God~

KME3
by Kristin on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That's good you got check out. Take care of you and baby! :) hope you start to feel Better.
tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

was going to say dehydration and then read the update, glad you got it taken care of :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sooo happy you went in!  I hope you will feel better with the Zofran.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

So thankful you went in!

Quoting Peephy:

I did! Thank goodness to. She asked me to come in to check where my levels where at and it turned out low (no surprise there, lol) so she had me on an IV.  Feeling way better now. Plus, she is putting me on a prescription to help with the nausea, so hopefully that will be the last time I need to do that!

Quoting meam4444:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN