Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nervous scared anxious help !

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
Im currently 27 weeks pregnant with my 1st child since entering my 3rd trimester I'm am so nervous/scared about giving birth my anxiety is starting to act up and it's not the pain I'm worried about I can deal with pain just nervous as to what happens like stranger looking all in my private area the after birth, will my baby be ok anybody else feel the same any tips advice
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My only advice is to not get worked up over things that have yet to happen.  I promise you that once you are in the midst of active labor, ALL modesty and inhibitions go out the window and I say this as a VERY modest person myself.  All you'll be focused on is the task at hand.  An entire marching band could be staring between your legs and you wouldn't care, lol!

It's also natural to worry about the baby's safe delivery but, again, no sense in worrying about that at this point.  There is no reason to expect anything but a healthy delivery and baby and hopefully you have absolute trust in your OB/midwife.

GL and congrats!  There's nothing like that first experience so really enjoy every moment!!!

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM

It's normal to feel anxious - you're going to go through a brand new experience.  I'd advise reading some natural birth books (they tend to relax you regarding labor/birth moreso than mainstream pregnancy books, IMO).  Like Birthing From Within, and anything by Ina May.  Also, you aren't going to care one tiny bit about people looking at your nethers, trust me.  The placenta is typically a piece of cake compared to birth.  It'll all be fine, hun.  Women have been doing this since the beginning of humanity, welcome to the club.  =)

JJ82113
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Thanks ladies :) I appreciate the advice and will for sure put it to use made me relax a bit
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Try not to worry hun.  I know it is easy for me to say, but you will get through...and all will be okay.  I would just make sure you are prepping yourself as much as possible through any birth classes, hospital/birth-center tour, being confident in your dr/midwife, etc..  Something which you may have interest in is perhaps hiring a doula?  I found a doula to be a great asset to my positive labor experience with my first baby.

But, it is totally normal to be scared and worried...I remember feeling the same way with my fifth baby.  But, I always tell myself that it is only a hard day of work, and then I get to hold a precious reward for my hard work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)