Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

need ur opinion

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I was looking at car seats today and now I don't know if I want a convertable car seat or a carrier what's ur opinion and if u are going with a convertable what do u do when u go to the grocery store to carry baby
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I've had a carrier with my first three babies and it recently expired so I won't be able to use it for this baby.  I don't think I'm going to buy another carrier though because my babies only fit in it for around 5 months, tops, (even the models built for big babies) and they are so HEAVY to lug around with a baby.  I'm just going to use my spare convertible seat and wear baby in my Ergo when we're out.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I get both-the infant for when they are small and the convertible when they are in the 8 month range.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM
I had carriers with all 4 and if I was to ever have more I would do carriers with them too. I like bein able to take the whole carrier out with baby in it when we went in places. Once we moved them to convertibles they wake up when you get them out then I missd my carriers.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda :-) on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Convertible if you plan on baby-wearing when you're out. Bucket if you plan on using a stroller attachment or dining out a lot and don't want to be baby wearing while you eat. I have both, but prefer convertible.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I have always purchased both for my kids.

I don't like the convertible car seat until my kids can get out and walk otherwise I think they are inconvenient.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We've always done the infant seat that snaps into a stroller.  It's so much easier, plus if the baby falls asleep, you can just move the whole seat vs. having to take them out of it.

sherri8806
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM

We use the carrier, it so much easier esp for quick trips in or if baby is sleeping. Our boys grow fairly quickly so we usually have a convertible car seat by 8 months or so.

dianna985
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I love the carrier. I got a Chicco key fit 30 and I used it a little past a yr. It fits until 30 pounds!!
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:17 PM
I would have a hard time without the carrier. I'm so glad we went that route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)