Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: I m 27 weeks and 6 days pregnant And I...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm 27 weeks and 6 days pregnant. And I'm having I think is Braxton Hicks Contractions. They aren't really painful but I've notice them more when I'm walking and stuff. They start from my back / side and my stomach gets tight and hard. So my question is does this sound like BH Contractions?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Yes. As long as you don't have cramping like your period or 8 in an hour you should be ok. I hate them.
dreamarrow
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Sound like BH contractions to me. I've had them multiple times throughout my pregnancy. I just started to get real contractions with the last few weeks (I'm 37 weeks now)
Tricia737
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Tricia737:

I'm 27 weeks and 6 days pregnant. And I'm having I think is Braxton Hicks Contractions. They aren't really painful but I've notice them more when I'm walking and stuff. They start from my back / side and my stomach gets tight and hard. So my question is does this sound like BH Contractions?

Okay thanks 

Tricia737
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Quoting dreamarrow: Sound like BH contractions to me. I've had them multiple times throughout my pregnancy. I just started to get real contractions with the last few weeks (I'm 37 weeks now)

Okay. And this is my first pregnancy so I really don't know what to expect.

tamikadorch26
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also 27 weeks and I been having them since I was 25 weeks. Walking is when it gets me the most too.. It is the same places where mine start. In and out.(Like they always say in birthing class) Rub your belly and relax. It makes it easier to pass. Almost like when you are in labor and the real contraction starts but last longer and get stronger.

Tricia737
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tamikadorch26:

I am also 27 weeks and I been having them since I was 25 weeks. Walking is when it gets me the most too.. It is the same places where mine start. In and out.(Like they always say in birthing class) Rub your belly and relax. It makes it easier to pass. Almost like when you are in labor and the real contraction starts but last longer and get stronger.

Ok I will try that.

StaciF
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Calcium magnesium and lots if water can help too when you have an episode
dreamarrow
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM
That's OK I'm on my second pregnancy and still don't know half of what to expect ;).

Quoting Tricia737:

Quoting dreamarrow: Sound like BH contractions to me. I've had them multiple times throughout my pregnancy. I just started to get real contractions with the last few weeks (I'm 37 weeks now)

Okay. And this is my first pregnancy so I really don't know what to expect.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:44 PM
It sure does
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Drink more water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)