Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

my braiiinnn!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is not my first pregnancy but it is my first time having to cope with the complete inability to think! I am a college student. In fact, I am an overachieving college student: top of my class, president of the national honor society and suddenly my brain does not work. I got the absolute lowest test grade I have ever gotten in my college career the other day. I genuinely lack the motivation to participate at all. I am only 9 weeks and I am very fatigued and nauseous (also unlike my other pregnancies) so I guess those are contributing factors. Today I was supposed to go to a banquet to honor me as the student selected to represent my college in the All USA Academic Team and what did I do? I convinced myself for weeks now that the time it began was 6:00. Turns out it is actually happening right now and there is no way I can make it in time. The point I am trying to make is that this lack of functioning going on in my melon is interfering with my life. Has anyone else experienced this? Please tell me it goes away. I would really like my GPA to stay in tact....

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Hang in there! The second trimester should be better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcmlx3v
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I am sorry to say that it's only gotten worse for me as my pregnancy has gone on... and now some other moms are telling me that it also stays after the baby is born.  I really hope that's not true!  I have noticed it's much worse on days that I have a lot to think about... basically, if I'm trying to multi-task or keep track of many things.  I know it's impossible to avoid that during school, but if you are able to cut out any extracurricular stuff to just focus on your GPA, you might want to do that.  Also, WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN.  That's the only way I have survived at all, lol.

NYnewmom81214
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM

i actually have started making lists because otherwise i would get nothing accomplished. some days are much better than others but others are not. i also have given myself a little bit of a break because this is my first pregnancy and i have been all sorts of emotional the last few days. 

gingerprincess
by Kat on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM
I forget everything now...I have to stop & think to remember my own birthdate when I'm filling out forms. Pregnancy brain sucks...
MissMiranda
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one. But I am beginning to worry because I have Calculus and Statistics finals coming up! Every time I try to study I feel like I'm goingto start drooling at any moment from the complete lack of brain activity lol. I cut back on my extra curriculars and I will try the lists. Maybe even studying in small doses....we'll see! Thanks for the responses. It helps to know I'm not alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)