Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tuesday's update on the 24 week preemie twins.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
  • 38 Replies
3 moms liked this

Bed time check in : 

both babies doing good
zeke got another feeding at 8pm. nothing came back up so as far as they know he is doing something with it. so far so good. no changes to anything else

wyatt doing about the same for him. gave him some plasma tonight, last blood gas a little weird according to nurse so they will keep making minor changes. she says he is hanging in there and doing as well as he ever has
both nurses said both babies doing well

Earlier update : 

Zeke : He's staying stable enough they were able to start his first feeding. If he tolerates it well, he'll get 1ml every 6 hours to get his stomach going. As long as he doesn't decline, go backwards, or need blood, they'll continue him on this schedule for "now" - I don't know anymore then that because it's a situation going well type basis and it could change any second. Once they see how he handles this, they'll make more decisions with me on what comes next. I'll update when I know what that is going to be, if things go well now.  His bleed held steady today, and didn't get worse. They'll rescan his brain friday on the grade 2 bleed. He's the healthier of the two babies, but he's still very critical and "sick" clinically due to his age and how much life support he needs due to being born at 24 weeks and 1d gestation roughly.  If all goes well, we may also get to start kangaroo care sometime in the next 7-10 days... IF there's zero set backs between now and then. *crossing fingers.*

Wyatt : Okay, so he's doing the best he's done so far, he's on 21% oxygen on the oscillator.  He's still getting constant gas and blood checks, and his brain bleed has been rescanned as well. We do have a minor complication brewing with him - he may be upgrading to a level 3 brain bleed instead of a two, but they are re-scanning friday and may have more answers then, so we really need prayers for it to hold steady, because if it stays where it is now, there's less risks of brain damage, or complications with long term development. So please please please god, let his brain stay the same and not hemorrhage more. There were signs that it might start turning into a grade 3 - but they can't do anything about it, so we need the prayers that it stops.

He's extremely sick, weak, very touch and go right now, but he's stable for how critically ill he has been since he got there. If we can get past the first week, we may get lucky with him, but i'm still expecting a call about him any minute about him not being able to make it. That's sort of how sick he is right now - And while Zeke is also critical, he's just a little healthier.

Here's their most recent pic and A video of Zeke's first feeding using momma's colostrum!

here are today's pictures of Wyatt and Zeke - 

I'm taking daily pictures, just in case. Zeke is on the bottom, Wyatt is on top.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leeannfarley
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 AM
God bless you and your boys!
ashley0818
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM
I will be praying for the boys, especially for wyatts bleed to improve and not worsen. Have u been able to make it to SA yet? Where did u deliver and where did they end up life-flighting the boys?
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Aww I am glad Zeke was able to get a bit of milk today. I will continue to keep both in my prayers, and hope Wyatts bleed does not get worse. <3

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I've been in SA since monday. I'm working with a lot of people right now to get things setup to have resource,s and help with my kids and pets and all sorts of things, i have had so many wonderful people bend over to help me and i'm so humbled right now by the sheer outreach and support people have given my family in this situation. I just hope one day I can repay the karma to other mom's when we survive this situation. Im already trying to get my milk supply up enough so I can donate extra breastmilk to other mom's in the nicu. I just need to feel like i'm helping someone besides just "surviving" this situation. It helps me cope better too. 

I delivered a few hours away. The boys are doing stable, though in very extreme., critical conditoin, with wyatt being a lot worse then his brother right now.

Wyatt's the one right now that's the biggest concern to all the doctors and nursing staff, as he's having far more trouble being stabilied and staying stable for more then a few hours at a time. He's very touch and go.

Quoting ashley0818: I will be praying for the boys, especially for wyatts bleed to improve and not worsen. Have u been able to make it to SA yet? Where did u deliver and where did they end up life-flighting the boys?

arielmarie4
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM
I am so happy that Zeke is doing better. Keeping you in my thoughts. Thank you for all the updates you and your boys are constantly in my thoughts. Hugs to momma!
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Still keeping you guys in my prayers! Glad they're doing okay right now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingerprincess
by Kat on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I will continue to pray. I'm happy to hear they are both still here with us & doing decently. They are incredible fighters & have a lot of backing right now. God hears us, I know He does. Keep being strong for yourself & those babies.
ashley0818
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I can only imagine what you're going through. I have been on the other side helping take care of micro-preemies and it is truly a minute by minute experience. But those tiny babies are such fighters. Are they at university? I think it's awesome you are trying to focus not only on yourself and your boys but also helping the others struggling around you. Keep up the work mama! And please keep us updated.

Quoting kajira:

I've been in SA since monday. I'm working with a lot of people right now to get things setup to have resource,s and help with my kids and pets and all sorts of things, i have had so many wonderful people bend over to help me and i'm so humbled right now by the sheer outreach and support people have given my family in this situation. I just hope one day I can repay the karma to other mom's when we survive this situation. Im already trying to get my milk supply up enough so I can donate extra breastmilk to other mom's in the nicu. I just need to feel like i'm helping someone besides just "surviving" this situation. It helps me cope better too. 

I delivered a few hours away. The boys are doing stable, though in very extreme., critical conditoin, with wyatt being a lot worse then his brother right now.

Wyatt's the one right now that's the biggest concern to all the doctors and nursing staff, as he's having far more trouble being stabilied and staying stable for more then a few hours at a time. He's very touch and go.

Quoting ashley0818: I will be praying for the boys, especially for wyatts bleed to improve and not worsen. Have u been able to make it to SA yet? Where did u deliver and where did they end up life-flighting the boys?

ManicVetTech
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Praying hard for all of you.

Can I ask how the brain bleeds occured? I didn't see if you mentioned that in your previous posts. 

bethieboo88
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this
You and your boys have been on my heart and in my prayers constantly. Hang in there mommy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN