Bed time check in :
both babies doing good
zeke got another feeding at 8pm. nothing came back up so as far as they know he is doing something with it. so far so good. no changes to anything else
wyatt doing about the same for him. gave him some plasma tonight, last blood gas a little weird according to nurse so they will keep making minor changes. she says he is hanging in there and doing as well as he ever has
both nurses said both babies doing well
Earlier update :
Zeke : He's staying stable enough they were able to start his first feeding. If he tolerates it well, he'll get 1ml every 6 hours to get his stomach going. As long as he doesn't decline, go backwards, or need blood, they'll continue him on this schedule for "now" - I don't know anymore then that because it's a situation going well type basis and it could change any second. Once they see how he handles this, they'll make more decisions with me on what comes next. I'll update when I know what that is going to be, if things go well now. His bleed held steady today, and didn't get worse. They'll rescan his brain friday on the grade 2 bleed. He's the healthier of the two babies, but he's still very critical and "sick" clinically due to his age and how much life support he needs due to being born at 24 weeks and 1d gestation roughly. If all goes well, we may also get to start kangaroo care sometime in the next 7-10 days... IF there's zero set backs between now and then. *crossing fingers.*
Wyatt : Okay, so he's doing the best he's done so far, he's on 21% oxygen on the oscillator. He's still getting constant gas and blood checks, and his brain bleed has been rescanned as well. We do have a minor complication brewing with him - he may be upgrading to a level 3 brain bleed instead of a two, but they are re-scanning friday and may have more answers then, so we really need prayers for it to hold steady, because if it stays where it is now, there's less risks of brain damage, or complications with long term development. So please please please god, let his brain stay the same and not hemorrhage more. There were signs that it might start turning into a grade 3 - but they can't do anything about it, so we need the prayers that it stops.
He's extremely sick, weak, very touch and go right now, but he's stable for how critically ill he has been since he got there. If we can get past the first week, we may get lucky with him, but i'm still expecting a call about him any minute about him not being able to make it. That's sort of how sick he is right now - And while Zeke is also critical, he's just a little healthier.
Here's their most recent pic and A video of Zeke's first feeding using momma's colostrum!