Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

No more water birth?!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM
  • 18 Replies
The hospital I delivered my first 3 kids at is no longer doing water birth because it's "experimental" and they need to do more research. (I can't find the link.) There was even a protest at the hospital yesterday!

We moved and are planning to give birth at a different hospital, but I am nervous!

What if they stop at my hospital??

For me, the water birth was my most favorite birth experience & I was really looking forward to something similar with my last baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM

The birth experience is really important, planning for the ideal is worth it.       If a water delivery is a priority then you can start there and see where you can do this (other settings).    
It is all so relevant because it factors in to health, safety, satisfaction, and that will infuse memories that outlast most others (statistically)!

What about a birth center or home?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
I am looking into a birth center today. I just really hope my hospital does not stop water birth any time soon. I'm due mid June

Quoting doulala:

The birth experience is really important, planning for the ideal is worth it.       If a water delivery is a priority then you can start there and see where you can do this (other settings).    It is all so relevant because it factors in to health, safety, satisfaction, and that will infuse memories that outlast most others (statistically)!

What about a birth center or home?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Sorry girl =0( I really hope you're still able to have one. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Thank you! I do, too!

Quoting Devious103102:

Sorry girl =0( I really hope you're still able to have one. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Aww :-(  I am so sorry to hear this!

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM
There is only one place in my entire state that does water births and it is 2 hours away. I really want to do it with this baby but my dh said no :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Could you do a home birth? Where I live hospitals don't do them so I had a home water birth with my second.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I'm not very comfortable with a home birth.

Quoting beachlove512:

Could you do a home birth? Where I live hospitals don't do them so I had a home water birth with my second.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM
That stinks

Quoting Shelbypb: There is only one place in my entire state that does water births and it is 2 hours away. I really want to do it with this baby but my dh said no :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kisunya
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Always wanted to try waterbirth, but our birth center is full for our birth month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN