Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Going Into Labor??

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am currently 30 weeks 2 days. I have been having what feels like back contractions for about an hour now. It has gone from an uncomfortable ache to a menstrual cramp feel... lower back up to my mid back... a bad tightening feeling that is constant. With my first, I never went into labor so not sure if this is normal. I would call my doctor but we just moved due to family issues and I don't have a doctor here yet... my other doctor is in south dakota and we are in Louisiana now!! Is there need to be concern or is this normal? When should I start to be concerned? I also have had extreme vaginal discomfort lately as well as low low in my tummy... hard to explain. I have had pelvic girdle pain for about 2 months now and the low pain feels just like that but constant now that my back is cramping.. but it doesnt hurt when i move. Sorry this is so confusing I just dont know how to explain this.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzijazz
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I would call or go to nearest hospital to be safe
Alyssa1992
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM

still able to handle it at home but still have it... hasn't gone away so I cant really time it to know.

dianna985
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I'd go to the er
Christmasgift
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM

When I was in labor before It started in my back. You may not be but.... to be on the safe side I would suggest as the others have to go to the hospital just incase you are.

dereksmom071978
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Try drinking lots of water. If it doesn't stop go to a hospital. You are still pretty early!
dereksmom071978
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Try drinking lots of water. If it doesn't stop go to a hospital. You are still pretty early!
Alyssa1992
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

thats why im so worried... decided to stick it out because it hasnt gotten worse.. will go to ER if it continues through the night or gets worse. thanks yall

Quoting dereksmom071978: Try drinking lots of water. If it doesn't stop go to a hospital. You are still pretty early!

FitMom479
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Good luck momma! If you go in or call and things turn out to be fine at least you got a piece of mind! It is always better to be safe and able to relax. I have been in L&D several times.

Btw- I am also from South Dakota! Rapid City to be exact :-)

booaura
by Aurabella on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM
You can always go to L & D to be safe.
bethieboo88
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:39 AM
I would go. If your in my area (New Orleans) east Jefferson has an amazing labor and delivery department!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)