Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Last Ultrasound Blues

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 34 Replies

Well as of today it will be my last ultrasound till baby makes his big debut:( couldnt be any sadder....is it normal to be to the point of almost tears at knowing i wont be seeing my little one any more till he's born!?

THATS 9 MORE WEEKS!!!!! has my doctor lost it?! its good to know nothing is wrong with baby and that is why i really don't need any more but NOT to see my little baby boy is really depressing

Any other moms to be going through this withdrawel  

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugchar
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I understand!! Last week I thought that was going to be our last. I was almost in tears and we only had 3 weeks to go.

But he scheduled another for this week! I do have issues though.
VicVinegar
by Keila on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol, sorry I don't mean to laugh I just can't help thinking about how hormonal we pregnant ladies can be! Personally I'm relieved I won't get another ultrasound, but only bc we aren't finding out the gender till due day and the ultrasounds make it a million times harder to not ask!

So while I'm not upset about that I can promise you it is VERY normal to have those emotions and to be really upset. I am currently extremely sad about this being my last pregnancy and knowing I'll never get to feel these little kicks and rolls ever again:(

Hang in there momma, in a few weeks you'll be holding your sweet little man and forget all about the sadness you feel now!

lovleopards
by Elyssia on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM
My last one was at 20 weeks :(
lillettemomma
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I wish I could have a last..... I have to get them every 2 weeks....which I love but i dont have a car and I have to go to the hospital for them 45 min away..... plus weekly ob appointments which means asking my little sister for a ride a bunch of times which I'm sure is annoying....luckily I've only got like 3 weeks left
abrine7673
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Mine too :( but my SO is humoring me because I cried since I have 3 of my oldest so he is going to pay for me to go to the 3d4d imaging place. Gonna cost $200!!!! I keep changing my mind on it but I really want it. Lol

Quoting lovleopards: My last one was at 20 weeks :(
lovleopards
by Elyssia on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Aww that's so cool I've always wanted one but can't afford the extra cash

Quoting abrine7673: Mine too :( but my SO is humoring me because I cried since I have 3 of my oldest so he is going to pay for me to go to the 3d4d imaging place. Gonna cost $200!!!! I keep changing my mind on it but I really want it. Lol

Quoting lovleopards: My last one was at 20 weeks :(
RMslady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I will probably be that way this time. Last pregnancy I had 8 ultrasounds 6 of which were from 20 weeks on. This time my 20 week should be my last....i hope. But it will be sad not to see the baby again for 20 weeks after.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My situation was a little different, but I understand! I was high risk, so I had an ultrasound every week for the last couple months of my pregnancy. But the last one before my induction was really hard for me for some reason... I remember telling my husband that I was kind of sad that it was the last time I'd see him like that, and he was like, "But once he's born you'll get to see him all the time!" Which is true, but I think it was just something about seeing him and knowing that he was inside of me... it was just always a really nice feeling. 

hot_momma633
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM
When I was pregnant with dd1 my last was 2 days before I had her. My Dr thought I didn't have enough amniotic fluid. The next 9 week's will fly by.
mcmlx3v
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM

My thought at my 30-week ultrasound was more like "This being the last one means I'm so close now to seeing her in real life!"  And I think the fact that they grow a lot in that last 10 weeks helps, because you can really "feel" that there is a little person in there, and start to tell what limbs are what, and such... try to think of it as nearing the end, rather than having so far to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN