Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you start showing (even a little)?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM
  • 52 Replies
I'm 12 weeks 5 days today and starting to get worried because I only have a TINY (tiny, tiny) bump over my pubic bone. Everyone keeps telling me I'm so small and I never thought anything of it until they also started telling me how they were already showing a bit by this point.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Aurabella on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I never started showing until at least 20 weeks. I might have some bloat early on, but no actual uterus or baby showing until 20 weeks. People always told me that I looked tiny, unhealthy, not pregnant, etc, I had healthy babies. They were small, neither broke 6 pounds, but totally healthy and my doctor was never worried. As long as your doctor doesn't say anything, don't worry about it.
melyndaann
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Doctor wasn't worried at nine week appointment but I haven't had one since then and won't have one until I'm almost 15 weeks.

I'm a worrier. It's terrible. Lol

Quoting booaura: I never started showing until at least 20 weeks. I might have some bloat early on, but no actual uterus or baby showing until 20 weeks. People always told me that I looked tiny, unhealthy, not pregnant, etc, I had healthy babies. They were small, neither broke 6 pounds, but totally healthy and my doctor was never worried. As long as your doctor doesn't say anything, don't worry about it.
booaura
by Aurabella on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I really wouldn't worry. Not all women show early, or have the nice big bellies. I never got really big, even at the end.

Quoting melyndaann: Doctor wasn't worried at nine week appointment but I haven't had one since then and won't have one until I'm almost 15 weeks.

I'm a worrier. It's terrible. Lol

Quoting booaura: I never started showing until at least 20 weeks. I might have some bloat early on, but no actual uterus or baby showing until 20 weeks. People always told me that I looked tiny, unhealthy, not pregnant, etc, I had healthy babies. They were small, neither broke 6 pounds, but totally healthy and my doctor was never worried. As long as your doctor doesn't say anything, don't worry about it.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first i didn't show until 5 months with my 2nd i had really bad bloating so it looked like i was showing at 12 weeks.

When you show also depends on if it's your first pregnancy or not and you genetics because some people don't show. There was a lady on here (can't remember her name) but she was 24 weeks with twins and was barely showing. So it just depends.
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first i didn't look really pregnant until probably 22-25 weeks. I just looked like i put on a little bit of weight. With my second i was noticeably pregnant by 14-15 weeks and now with my third I'm 13.5 weeks and have been noticeably pregnant for at least 2 weeks.
AustinsMommy007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first it took ally longer to show I think i was 5-6 months with my second i had a small noticeable bump by 4 months. And with this baby I'm 16 almost 17 weeks and just started showing
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't look pregnant until 25-26 weeks. Before that, it depended on what I wore.

Don't base your pregnancy on what people say their bellies looked like. They are all different, and the size of your belly doesn't determine a healthy pregnancy. Try to relax and enjoy. :)
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

My first hubby and I noticed at 8 weeks and everyone could tell at 12 weeks. My second everyone could tel at 9 weeks and our third everyone could tell at 4 weeks.

Don't worry about what others say. Either it's you are so small or you are showing already or so big. Are you sure it's not twins. Everyone carries differently.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I was worried about the same thing lol, I only just now have a bump at 20 weeks. 

mshep0831
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I'm 12 weeks 2 days and just barely starting to show....my husband and I can tell because I was so petite, I was 106lb when I got pregnant and 5'2". To other people I just look pudgy....I have gained 3lb so far (I had a really small apetite before getting pregant, now I feel like I just eat like a normal person)....from everything I've read some people don't show until 18+weeks so you definitely have time....and I read that petite people can show earlier bc it really has nowhere to hide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)