Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

UPDATE! And heartbeat - but still a lil worried...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

Finally got in to the doctor and did an ultrasound and baby is fine. Got to hear the heart beat and all!!! So exciting.
BUT...I still have spotting. I had it very light after the transvaginal ultrasound ofcourse. But it started back late yesterday and today. Still only when I wipe and still brown. But it still freaks me out. My doctor tried to convince me it's nothing to worry about but this is the furthest I have carried a baby so I am just super nervous every minute of every day.
I guess what I am asking is, is it really common to have spotting in the first trimester??? How many of you ladies on here who are further along then me had spotting a lot in the first trimester????
Every medical resource I have found online says it's not normal but I have found a MILLION forum post of women that have had the same thing happen. And my doctor says it's totally normal. I guess I am just paranoid. But now that I have heard the heart beat it makes me even more scared/nervous to loose this one. Help!!!!!
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I had bleeding in the beginning and everything is still fine with my little man. If the dr isn't concerned then I wouldn't be either =) 

CafeMom Tickers
ManicVetTech
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

How far along are you? I had spotting with my first in the first trimester. Around 6-9 weeks I believe. 

Heard that 30% or more of women will experience spotting in the first trimester. It can be common, and normal. If your doc isn't worried, and it isn't bright red/fresh with no cramping...I would just lay back, relax, and enjoy the little one!

228mommy922
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM
With my daughter I bled the entire pregnancy. Most of the time just spotting and most of the time it was not bright red. But I would have gushes and even days of heavy bright red bleeding. And of course I went tot the doctor each time and each time we were fine. I did it my entire pregnancy and they never figured pit why but baby and I both were healthy amd still are. Im pregnant again. And I'm around 20 weeks and I havent had bleeding until a week ago. Again went to the doctor and everything great. It's still scary even though I jave already went through it. Some women just bleed during their pregnancies.
KaliLeanne
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I spotted a few times... Most recent at 10weeks. I'm now 12w2d
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

it's totally normal, especially after a transvaginal ultrasound... and brown blood is old blood and nothing to worry about... all this stressing yourself out isn't good!! Relax mama and enjoy. There is plenty of time for worry once baby is here. Did your doctor also tell you that risk of miscarriage AFTER a heartbeat is like 1-5%?

mcmlx3v
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I had spotting in the first trimester and I'm 39 weeks now, ready to pop at any moment.  My pregnancy has been super healthy all along... no problems at all :)  But I will say, no matter how far along you are, and even if you don't have any other scary issues, you will probably still be worried if you're anything like me.  Even this far along, I still worry a little bit every day.  I think to myself, "I can't wait until she's born healthy and I can know that she's all right!"  But then other moms have said that it's silly to think I will ever stop worrying about her... and I guess that makes sense.  That's just a mother's love!

lep27
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM
In my opinion I wouldn't get a transvaginal ultrasound. I believe it's unnecessary & just another way for doctors to go up inside you. It's caused a misscarriage in a close friend of mine. Doctors do too much. Im currently 30 week's pregnant with my first baby & refused to take the transvaginal ultrasound and my baby's been super healthy thank God :)
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM

It is common unfortunately. that's what my doc said when i kept having bleeding issues with my last pregnancy. He's a happy and healthy 12mo now. 

lillucky8
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I have heard its common, especially after an ultrasound, hang in there mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I had full on periods (heavy bleeding for 10 days) the first 3 months with my 7 yr old (he'll be 8 in june)

I had spotting and threatened miscarriages with my 5 yr old and 10 day old. . . 

It is common, stressing yourself out about it is bad. Stress is bad. .. Hugs!

I know the fear and worry is hard, but what's best for baby is to try to not stress and worry so much. My 10 day old was my 15th and final pregnancy. After miscarriages, a stillbirth, a preemie who is no longer living and my 3 living children. Worry and stress and fear are hard demons to sleigh, you can do it! Good luck!

Congrats :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN