Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Castor oil....?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 29 Replies
Anyone use it to help labor along? Was it worth it?

Story why I ask: my contractions over the course of the day get down to 9 mins apart and it does that for an hour and the second I'm like okay hospital time they stop completely and start over in the morning. My doctor said I should try some things like walking to move it along because I'm clearly right there, so I'm wondering if castor oil will help me.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Castor oil is not a good choice.

Walking, sex... Those might help but castor oil will give you wicked diarrhea
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally wouldn't. Some women swear by it, some don't. It can make baby pass meconium in the womb and baby can inhale it. Which isn't good. I'm 40+3 today and I definitely know how you feel. I just wouldn't take any pills, oils, etc because if something were to happen because of them and hurt baby I would be devastated and not be able to forgive myself. Not saying that something will happen, just saying. Research it and make your own judgement call. Good luck!
momoftwogirl55
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Not the best choice.
Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not use that! Spicy foods, fresh cut pineapple. Do squats, havr sex. Just don't do castor oil.
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Ya it's super frustrating having this every day now and with my first it was just water broke went in without contractions and had him by morning. Now it's so confusing! :( I know my husband said dinner is spicy food and we need to walk to the store like a mile or two away so hoping that helps.

Quoting MrsHubert: I personally wouldn't. Some women swear by it, some don't. It can make baby pass meconium in the womb and baby can inhale it. Which isn't good. I'm 40+3 today and I definitely know how you feel. I just wouldn't take any pills, oils, etc because if something were to happen because of them and hurt baby I would be devastated and not be able to forgive myself. Not saying that something will happen, just saying. Research it and make your own judgement call. Good luck!
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Don't do it, you will be miserable
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I wouldn't it can do more harm than good . Castor oil can cause the baby to have a bowel movement in utero .
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I gave up on trying anything, nothing is working for me so I'm just gonna wait! I haven't had any signs. Not even a single contraction! It's driving me crazy, lol.

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Ya it's super frustrating having this every day now and with my first it was just water broke went in without contractions and had him by morning. Now it's so confusing! :( I know my husband said dinner is spicy food and we need to walk to the store like a mile or two away so hoping that helps.

Quoting MrsHubert: I personally wouldn't. Some women swear by it, some don't. It can make baby pass meconium in the womb and baby can inhale it. Which isn't good. I'm 40+3 today and I definitely know how you feel. I just wouldn't take any pills, oils, etc because if something were to happen because of them and hurt baby I would be devastated and not be able to forgive myself. Not saying that something will happen, just saying. Research it and make your own judgement call. Good luck!
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Your completely opposite of me! Lol. Every damn day all day only to get down to the wire and it stop. >.<

Quoting MrsHubert: I gave up on trying anything, nothing is working for me so I'm just gonna wait! I haven't had any signs. Not even a single contraction! It's driving me crazy, lol.

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Ya it's super frustrating having this every day now and with my first it was just water broke went in without contractions and had him by morning. Now it's so confusing! :( I know my husband said dinner is spicy food and we need to walk to the store like a mile or two away so hoping that helps.

MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
That would drive me crazy too! If he doesn't come by Monday I have to go in to be induced Monday night. I just want it to be over!

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: Your completely opposite of me! Lol. Every damn day all day only to get down to the wire and it stop. >.<

Quoting MrsHubert: I gave up on trying anything, nothing is working for me so I'm just gonna wait! I haven't had any signs. Not even a single contraction! It's driving me crazy, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)