Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Not already! Stay put and be good in there, babies! *On my way to the hospital again :(

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM
  • 25 Replies

Well... I am 27 weeks 1 day with twin boys and it looks like I am already starting to have problems! I had to go to the hospital tonight for contractions. They started around 2pm today and I thought it was just BH contractions at first but they got closer and didn't stop and became more uncomfortable so I called and they had me come in. When I got to the hospital they were showing on the monitor about every few minutes so they gave me a shot of Brethine to stop the contractions. It didn't completely stop them but by the time they sent me home they were much weaker and a lot more spaced out and sporadic. The doctor said to come back if I start having more than 6 per hour again.

Also, while I was there they said my cervix was open (2cm) on the outside but closed on the inside. The nurse said this is called funneling. They didn't seem too concerned about it but it worries me because when I was there 2 weeks ago for contractions (which turned out to be just BH) they checked my cervix and it was completely closed, inside and out. And that time the monitor didn't pick up any real contractions. So it seems like things are changing.

So they put me on pelvic rest, told me to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as possible.

Anyone else have something similar and if so, how did it turn out?

*Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, ladies. Sorry I haven't really responded much... it's been a crazy day. But I started having some mild contractions again about an hour ago and now they are getting more painful so it looks like I am headed back up to OB again. I hate this. I wish I could just have a smooth pregnancy with no issues! It's too early for this crap!

by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mummyoftwins92
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Around the amount of weeks i thought i was constipated but i went to the hospital cause it wasnt letting up..turns out i was in labour contractions 5 mins apart. They managed to stop it . I had to be taken to a bigger hospital where they continued to monitor me.i had to stay close to hospital even after my release. I ended up having my twins at 36.6 weeks due to blood pressure and pre eclampsia..
Hope everything works out for you and keep rested!
i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Funneling is normal when you have had multiple babies. My SIL had the same thing. Are you drinking plenty of fluids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I didn't have funneling but I had pre-term contractions (didn't hurt but were happening every 5 minutes for a few hours) starting at 32 weeks. Baby stayed put until they forced him out at 38 weeks.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Bump
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Good luck! Stay rested when you can.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I hope they decide to stay in longer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VicVinegar
by Keila on May. 2, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Just take the doctors advice and rest!! Put your feet up and take it easy and all will work out the way it's meant to!

Good Luck momma, I'll say a prayer for ya!

Hopen
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Keep your bladder empty and stay hydrated. Just before I ended up on bed rest with the quads, they noticed I was contracting. They asked if I had to pee, I said no. She told me to go anyway, I did, they stopped. I ended up delivering at 29 weeks. Try not to worry too much, I know it's not ideal for you to deliver now...but each day/week in you, they get stronger with better chances, but they could survive now!

Take it easy, momma!
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM

good luck!

Del672
by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I was put on the Brethine too, and they told me that every hour they remained inside of me counted.  I stayed stable for 2 days, then the inevitable happened, and I hemorraghed and had to be rushed for a C-section.  I was 26 1/2 weeks. my boys were born stable, but one had chronic breathing issues that cleared up in about a month.  Good luck sweetie, and just know, I had my preemie twins 25 years ago, and I'm sure they have made advances since then.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, I believe everything wil be fine with your 2 little blessings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)