Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Possibly in labor, but I REALLY don't want this baby TODAY! *Update*

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Since Wednesday, I've been feeling contractions that have been getting more intense very slowly. They spread into my back, and it just sucks. So, today, I wake up completely nauseous. I've had a few bouts of diarrhea. The contractions are becoming more painful and consistent. I'm having this almost constant period pain in my lower abdomen. 

I don't want this baby TODAY, though. I really don't. Yesterday, I would have welcomed these things 100% (despite the crappy sick and pains). I'm over 40 weeks, 3 days now. I'm ready for this to be over.

We just got the call that my soon to be mother-in-law's ex-husband died today. He's the father of my fiance's four siblings. I really, really don't want to have the baby the same day that he dies. I can't imagine what my fiance's sisters are feeling right now (not to mention his nieces and nephews). I don't want them to have to celebrate their dad's death every year with a birthday party, or to come to the hospital when I know they're in pain. ): It'd be so sad.

Edit: UGH. What is this?! I finally threw up.

My entire uterus contracted, and I felt like I was about to have diarrhea. I rushed to the bathroom, but when I got there, I threw up instead. As soon as the contraction went away, the feeling of diarrhea went away. The nausea is still slightly there, though. 

I tried calling my doctor, but they haven't called me back. I'm not sure if I should go in or not. :/ 

Update: I just got home from the doctor's. 

I am having contractions 10 minutes apart. He told me to come home, stick to the BRAT diet (for the nausea), and wait. Once the contractions get to five minutes apart, I need to come back in. 

I feel so icky right now, and I hurt. I wish they could go ahead and do something more, but they won't until the contractions are closer together. Oh well! At least I know something now. 

Thanks for the advice and support! :) It's been a rough day, but it seems like my fiance's sisters are using the wait for our baby as a distraction from their dad dying. We went to visit one of his sisters, and she was really happy to see us. I was happy we could visit her. It really seemed like she needed the company. 

by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Water breaking doesn't mean baby is coming soon necessarily.      But it may be worth trying to stop contractions.     How close are they (and how long like that)?        

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

it sounds like you are already in early labor and you can't help what time baby decideds to come... I understand your reasoning but unfortunately it doens't work that way. I'm sorry mama. Your water doesn't always break during labor, and is broken by the doctor before or during delivery.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
It may be a welcome to find the joy in the sorrow. Chinese believe that the spirit of the dead become part of that new life, so he will live on in your child.
dizzy91
by on May. 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I'd say every 15 minutes or so. I haven't been timing them exactly, but that seems about dead on. They were about 40 minutes apart 12 hours ago, when I was timing them. It's become more painful, too. 

Quoting doulala:

Water breaking doesn't mean baby is coming soon necessarily.      But it may be worth trying to stop contractions.     How close are they (and how long like that)?        

jlgray1988
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I'm a firm believer in God taking a life when a new one enters the world. My cousin had her baby last Friday and Saturday their very dear friend died. The day my son was born my SOs grandmother died. The day my nephew was born my step dads father died. Unfortunately we can't control either life or death. Hang in there!
bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Hugs momma.
dizzy91
by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Bump. I feel awful, but I'm afraid to eat anything. 

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM

you may want to head in...

loveyourenemy
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I would go in definitely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I would go in if I were you. It sounds like early labor. Sorry about your soon to be family's loss. My family has almost always lost someone around the time a baby arrives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)