Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you have to have a birthing plan?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 51 Replies
I frankly am not even quite sure what that is but I have had someone question if I have one yet.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Not really because you can't plan for everything possible that occurred during the baby's time of arrival. It's more of a direction you would like to take regarding trying natural ways to bring the baby down or being strapped into the bed, pain management with or without meds, vaginal versus c-section, birthing in the bed or in the water, etc.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM
No, you don't. I didn't, and I'm glad. I'm a very go with the flow type of person. Really, you probably already have one in your head. Like, I knew what decisions I wanted to make for him, etc. I knew what drugs I wanted (lol). I never put anything down on paper.
Alluring
by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:37 PM
I completely understand the not planning part! My husband and OBGYN both know my allergies but other than that I wouldn't know where to even start.
Quoting MixedCooke: Not really because you can't plan for everything possible that occurred during the baby's time of arrival. It's more of a direction you would like to take regarding trying natural ways to bring the baby down or being strapped into the bed, pain management with or without meds, vaginal versus c-section, birthing in the bed or in the water, etc.
Alluring
by on May. 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I'm not a go with the flow person. I prefer order but this just doesn't seem like something you can have order for!
Quoting JessiFaye: No, you don't. I didn't, and I'm glad. I'm a very go with the flow type of person. Really, you probably already have one in your head. Like, I knew what decisions I wanted to make for him, etc. I knew what drugs I wanted (lol). I never put anything down on paper.
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM
My plan is to not go into labor before 36 weeks lol. And to avoid a c section :). Being preggo with twins is nerve wracking. Other than that, go with the flow. Can't fail your expectations if you don't have them .
chairhead28
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Because I want a VBAC, I most certainly am making one. My OBGYN and I will be discussing it at my next appointment.

You certainly cannot plan for EVERYTHING that happens during your labor and birth, but you most certainly can voice and have written down what your wishes are.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Nope I never did with any of my 4. 

Marty17976
by on May. 2, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm having a natural home birth without drugs and using a mid wife.  I tried a water birth last time, but the warm water was so relaxing that my labor stopped progressing, and I had to get out of the tub and walk for what seemed like hours. I ended up having my daughter on the bed on my hands and knees.  I was going to try to get back in the tub, but the contractions were so hard and the urge to push was so great that I couldn't make it back to the birthing tub.

RMslady
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Nope my only plan is to deliver a live baby and keep it that way. I won't even.know what city or state I will be delivering in until after my 20 week ultrasound. Geez that sounds morbid.
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM
With baby brain I won't remember it anyways so no need to put in the effort of planning...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN