Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

38 weeks 3-4 cm dilated and no labor pains

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Last week I was 2-3 cm dilated and my cervix was a little thick. This week I'm 3-4 cm dilated and was told my cervix is still somewhat thick but my cervix is opening very nicely so the doctor says. She stripped my membranes which only caused me pain and pressure through the day and night. This morning more mucous plug came out but tinged with blood. I feel like I'll never have this baby. SO is terrified to have set with me. I am out of ways to get things going so it's really just the waiting game. The left pic was me last year with my daughter and the right is me this year with my baby boy. Look at how long he is hanging. I had my daughter at 38 weeks and 5 days.
by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM

he'll come when he's ready... probably not far off since you are already 4 cm

Chaos1229
by Tasha on May. 2, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 2cm at 33 weeks , at 41+4 When i was induced i was 4cm. you could very well go to 40 weeks being 4cm dialated.
MzKhan86
by on May. 2, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Booo :( I can barely walk.

Quoting Chaos1229: I was 2cm at 33 weeks , at 41+4 When i was induced i was 4cm. you could very well go to 40 weeks being 4cm dialated.
MzKhan86
by on May. 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I really hope he comes soon. I'm in so much pain walking. My left leg continuously gives out on me. I'm in agony :(

Quoting Larsbug:

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 2, 2014 at 4:35 PM

do you have a birthing ball/ exercise ball? bouncing on one of those helps things along...eating a lot of pineapple causes contractions, walking (though if your leg keeps giving out, probably not a good thing), nipple stimulation, etc.

Quoting MzKhan86: I really hope he comes soon. I'm in so much pain walking. My left leg continuously gives out on me. I'm in agony :(
Quoting Larsbug:

MzKhan86
by on May. 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM
My mom has a exercising ball and she's being stingy with it this time around because she's supposed to be watching my girls when I go into labor. She wants the baby to come when it's convenient for her not knowing that the exercising ball will ease the pain for me. You would think she would understand being that she has 3 kids and had all of us naturally. I tried nipple stimulation but my breast are so sensitive I can't even touch it really. I'm just all messed up. Pray for me.

Quoting Larsbug:

do you have a birthing ball/ exercise ball? bouncing on one of those helps things along...eating a lot of pineapple causes contractions, walking (though if your leg keeps giving out, probably not a good thing), nipple stimulation, etc.

Quoting MzKhan86: I really hope he comes soon. I'm in so much pain walking. My left leg continuously gives out on me. I'm in agony :(
Quoting Larsbug:

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Youre almost there! Hang in there! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MzKhan86
by on May. 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Thanks I'm trying.

Quoting lillucky8: Youre almost there! Hang in there! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)