Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Please talk to me about back labor

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:57 PM
  • 24 Replies
Just joined cm today for this reason. I'm almost 36weeks pregnant with #3 and I've been lucky enough to have never before experienced any sort of back pain during previous pregnancies. However this pregnancy has been very hard on me physically. Would you please tell me your personal experience with back labor/contractions.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

My back labor started in my lower back, between my hips. It felt like a sledgehammer slamming into my bones, followed by excruciating lightning-like nerve pain from my hips, down the back of my thighs, and down my calves to my ankles and toes. 

If it's back labor, you will KNOW without a doubt. 

gingerprincess
by Kat on May. 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Exactly!
You'll know its back labor. It hurrrrrts. Mine started in my back felt like a crushing pain, like a vice...and down my thighs, then into my tummy...

Quoting Pandapanda:

My back labor started in my lower back, between my hips. It felt like a sledgehammer slamming into my bones, followed by excruciating lightning-like nerve pain from my hips, down the back of my thighs, and down my calves to my ankles and toes. 

If it's back labor, you will KNOW without a doubt. 

arielmarie4
by on May. 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
My mom was telling my about back labor because I am expecting my first. She said when she had it it felt like she was super constipated and it made her very nausaus.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on May. 3, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Mine was just a lower back ache times 1000. I didn't make the connection that it was back labor since I didn't have it with my 1st but I went to the hospital (unrelated issue) and surprise I was 6 cm with bulging water sack.
sillycraftymama
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I've had constant lower back pain since yesterday that has forced me to stay in bed, if I move its excruciating, I can't even physically roll from back to side. And for the past several hours Ive had period like soreness in my lower abdomen. Like I said, I've never had any back pain in my previous pregnancies, so I just don't know what to think about it and my next appt is Monday morning

Quoting Proud-mama-05: Mine was just a lower back ache times 1000. I didn't make the connection that it was back labor since I didn't have it with my 1st but I went to the hospital (unrelated issue) and surprise I was 6 cm with bulging water sack.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on May. 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM
If you're concerned it might be back labor, it really wouldn't hurt to at least go get checked out. I'd rather go and it be nothing then.

Quoting sillycraftymama: I've had constant lower back pain since yesterday that has forced me to stay in bed, if I move its excruciating, I can't even physically roll from back to side. And for the past several hours Ive had period like soreness in my lower abdomen. Like I said, I've never had any back pain in my previous pregnancies, so I just don't know what to think about it and my next appt is Monday morning

Quoting Proud-mama-05: Mine was just a lower back ache times 1000. I didn't make the connection that it was back labor since I didn't have it with my 1st but I went to the hospital (unrelated issue) and surprise I was 6 cm with bulging water sack.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
It felt like something was trying to break me in half. I had back labor with all 3 of my kids. If it's back labor you will definitely know it.

With the 3rd baby I decided to take a childbirth class. The instructor told me when I labor to get in the doggie style position. It's helped so much I was shocked.
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM

If you don't want it then you can work to avoid it.   Do you know baby's position?    
If it happens there are some good ways to deal with it, to be comfortable. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Might be worth working on these things now.    
Sorry.  :-( 

Quoting sillycraftymama: I've had constant lower back pain since yesterday that has forced me to stay in bed, if I move its excruciating, I can't even physically roll from back to side. And for the past several hours Ive had period like soreness in my lower abdomen. Like I said, I've never had any back pain in my previous pregnancies, so I just don't know what to think about it and my next appt is Monday morning

sillycraftymama
by on May. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
What do you mean exactly? Baby is laying sideways, his head is over my left hip, feet over my right hip.

Quoting doulala:

If you don't want it then you can work to avoid it.   Do you know baby's position?    If it happens there are some good ways to deal with it, to be comfortable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN