• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Born Must-Haves

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:54 AM
  • 17 Replies

I like to be prepared but, I have never done this before. I feel like time is going by really fast and I am wondering if I have everything I need for the baby. What are some must-haves for a new born? I know diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, the things you just know babies need. But is there anything that you might not think would be needed that is needed? Like someone told me I may need a humidifier to help the baby breath at first. So I got one. Or a bottle washer brush (oddly I had not thought of getting one because I plan to breast feed) just in case. I also got a mattress cover for the crib and my bed. Can you ladies think of anything else that is a must have or is really nice to have for your new born? 

by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherri8806
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:33 AM
2 moms liked this

For me a boppy pillow is a must have, it made it much more comfortable while I was breast feeding.

little.worthen
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this
A boppy pillow was the only things besides what you listed.. And a diaper genie..
I didn't get a lot of clothes either. My kids spent a lot of time in onzies so stock up on those! And when you think you have enough blankets, you should get a fee more..
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Car seat, boppy pillow, diapers, clothes, and wipes were about all I had at first. I breastfed and bed shared, so didn't need for than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Carseat
Diapers
Wipes
Clothes
Socks
Soap/lotion
Nail clipper
Receiving blankets
Crib/pack n play
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
A Bouncy seat has worked wonders for me. While I'm cooking or doing laundry that's where he sits and watches me.
LoveH523
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I swear by the swaddle blankets that velvro!! My DD was 21.5" long so the swaddle blankets weren't long enough, and she would get so mad when her feet would pop out of the bottom.
mommys2babies
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Swing, bouncer & a newborn rock & play sleeper
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Nail clippers
Baby swing
Pacifiers
Car seat
Diapers
Wipes
Bath kit
Baby qtips
Baby monitor
YzmaRocks
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Nursing bras

Nursing pads (I use cloth)

Freezer meals, a good 3 weeks worth helps if you have the room. I also like to have a food plan and grocery lists for a month so I don't have to go out for awhile.

Some books and/or movies for sitting on the couch/bed after baby is born. With breastfeeding you will be doing this a LOT the first 6 weeks!

Pads, and lots of them! The longer night ones work great for post partum bleeding (this will last anywhere from 2-6 weeks)

little.worthen
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Freezer meals! That's such a great idea!! I forgot how much I'm not going to want to do squat after giving birth!! Lol

Quoting YzmaRocks: Nursing bras

Nursing pads (I use cloth)

Freezer meals, a good 3 weeks worth helps if you have the room. I also like to have a food plan and grocery lists for a month so I don't have to go out for awhile.

Some books and/or movies for sitting on the couch/bed after baby is born. With breastfeeding you will be doing this a LOT the first 6 weeks!

Pads, and lots of them! The longer night ones work great for post partum bleeding (this will last anywhere from 2-6 weeks)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)