Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in the hospital

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

And nothing they give me is helping . I started vomiting Wednesday and vomited 3 times a hour for the whole day . On Thursday I started vomiting blood so I went to the ER . They sent e home with zophram but it did not help at all . Yesterday I followed up with my ob and she admitted me yo the hospital where she realized I lost almost 15 pounds in a week , so here I am in the hospital but nothing they give new is helping me . I have not ate anything since Wednesday only drank water . What should I do ? They are still giving me zophram despite the fact that it's not helping one bit . I'm thinking of leaving AMA fescues at least at home I was in my own enviorment and not being woke up and poked every hour . What should I do ? Please help me I feel like I'm dying . I'm so weak I can barely lift my head . 

by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
diamondprnces
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM

BUMP!

diamondprnces
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:02 AM

BUMP!

JacknJill
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I definitely wouldn't leave. Let them help you and get some nutrients in your body!
diamondprnces
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Nothing they give me is helping except the IV . They are giving me zophram but I vomit right after they push it into the IV and I keep vomiting . 

Quoting JacknJill: I definitely wouldn't leave. Let them help you and get some nutrients in your body!

VicVinegar
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM

How far along are you? Have they diagnosed you with HG? 

Honestly you need to stay at the hospital, if nothing else for the fluids. When I went to the er at 12weeks for the same thing the fluids made me feel a thousand times better. You need to try and keep something in you because having an empty stomach will make your nausea worse. Try some crackers and sipping on ginger ale. And (warning controversial advice) marijuana would help tremendously. When I was pregnant with my dd I was diagnosed with HG and I used edibles to get me through the really rough days. IMO I would rather have thc then some of the drugs the doctors prescribed, but I know that's not for everyone.

Hang in there momma. It does get better I promise. This is just the beginning of a lifelong journey of selflessness we mothers make:)

diamondprnces
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

10 weeks and yea they say I have HG . I'm sure weed would help but it would also trigger a DCFS investigation and I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of loosing my children . I tried drinking a 7up to settle my stomach but the acid irritated my ulcer , I Also have acid reflux . I stooped even trying yo eat because it hurts so much to vomit . It feels like my esophagus is raw and it burns so bad . 

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

im sorry hon. Zophran is the safer drug but they can also give you phenergan. You should stay for iv fluids. 

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on May. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Definitely at least stay for iv fluids so you don't get dehydrated and make things even worse
StaciF
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Phenergan is stronger than zofran - have they tried that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)