Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously .... I don't even wanna hear anything about it .

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I just had my baby yesterday. Long story short hubby got introuble with a violation & is handling everything. He recently found out thr day of my baby shower which was a month ago that he had a child with someone before me & the child was dieing . The child made it this long & when hubbys mom & her mom come to visit at the hospital she gets a phone call & I guess that child is not breathing . I do feel bad for the child but I really don't wanna hear anything about it or what will be going since I just had my baby literally 24hrs ago . Ughhh I just don't know how to be in a situation like this.

No bashing . Its a vent
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gemals92
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I wouldn't know how to handle that... hope you and baby doing well and congrats xx
Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I would ask them to keep the discussion of an ill/dying child away from you, as it's a very grim discussion to have around a new baby/mother. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
babie113
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Hugs just tell them you cant think about that right now
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Big hugs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Poor kid.:( that's so sad. But congrats on the new baby
PeppyInPink
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
So sorry.. I can imagine it would frighten me and I'd like to bask in the beauty of my baby for a bit. . I agree if you must, maybe tell then its just too sensitive of a topic to keep it away. You could pull the hormone card.
dtb-mommy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I get where you are coming from. This was supposed to be a happy time for you and now it is not. Just don't forget about your dh feelings. You can explain that you don't want to hear much about the other kid but you still want to be there for him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)