Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain when I sneeze...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey everyone, i'm currently 15 weeks Pregnant, since I was about 8 weeks, when I sneeze I get a sharp pain in my hip/groin area either just on my right side or both sides. It really hurts! With the start of the allergy season fast approaching it think its only going to get worse..... has anyone experienced this? Should I go to the Dr about it?

Thanks.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gingerprincess
by Kat on May. 4, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Round ligament pain, its normal.
Ashley0523
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Probably just round ligament pain.

KME3
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I get that. Mostly when I cough and shit does it really hurt sometimes.
beeuk
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM

yepp its normal, like the other ladies said ligament pains. I had it since 12 weeks and im 25 weeks now and its alot worse. Now though my son is laying in a painful position and everytime i sneeze it hurts soooooooooooooo bad.

Dimples303
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Yep, round ligament pain. Not cool! lol This happens to me all the time (I am almost 17 weeks).

smurfy88
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:06 PM
It could be either round ligament pain or a hernia.
PeppyInPink
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Coughing sucks just as much :/
gemnali
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:42 AM

thank you so much! no one I have have spoken to has ever experienced it... so i thought i was just weird!

Vikingmum
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Round ligament pain..  it could be worse though..  I got an awful cold when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, I had a terrible cough and really bad morning sickness so coughing would give me round ligament pain, make me throw up (which would make me cough more) and often make me pee a little!  Most miserable couple of weeks of the whole pregnancy!  though having a bad cough and constant braxton hicks last week came a close second  lots of abdominal pain but at least no vomiting! (a good reason not to fly in pregnancy btw..  not the radiation risk, the germs!  every time I get on a plane I come back with a cold!)

booaura
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Round ligament pain, it's normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)