• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I knew this was going to happen but I didn't expect it to be so soon : (

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

So as some of you know, I am 27 weeks 4 days pregnant with my second set of twins. I had some problems with my last set such as preterm labor and preeclampsia... but none of it started until like 30-31 weeks and then I was induced at 34 weeks.

Well, I had to go to the hospital 2 nights in a row this week because of contractions at barely 27 weeks. The first night they gave me a shot of brethine and that settled them down but didn't completely stop them... but it spaced them out a lot more and made them a lot weaker. Then the next night I started having them stronger and closer again so I went back. But luckily, that time it settled down on its own so they sent me home and I didn't have to get a shot.

But now I am on doctors orders to take it easy, stay off my feet and rest as much as possible and I'm on pelvic rest. And I'm still having the contractions off and on. Nothing extreme or timeable... just enough to keep me on my toes!

I hate this. I am not the type of person that can just "take it easy." I am always doing something, always on the go. I have 5 kids! So it's really hard for me. I'm used to doing everything - shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc, etc. And now I'm supposed to pretty much just sit on my butt and watch Netflix all day. lol.

DH has been good about doing stuff when he is home but he works... so today my mom is here helping me. She is in there doing my dishes as I type this. Ugh. I just can't stand not being allowed to do much.

This is going to be a LONG 6-8 weeks.... if I even make it that long :/

by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:15 PM

BUMP!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM

((hugs)) I know it sucks having to take it easy but it's totally worth it in the long run.  I will keep you and your baby boys in my thoughts and I hope they stay in there and bake a little while longer.

Mom2five87
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

((hugs)) I know it sucks having to take it easy but it's totally worth it in the long run.  I will keep you and your baby boys in my thoughts and I hope they stay in there and bake a little while longer.

EninJenniLouis
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I did was on bed rest for 10 weeks with my dd and it was the worst. I only had one child at the time. I can't imagine 5. Good luck!
Kaybean
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Could you rent a wheelchair to use around the house? Like to allow you to cook and stuff
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Nah. I can just use my computer chair if I have to. Lol

Quoting Kaybean: Could you rent a wheelchair to use around the house? Like to allow you to cook and stuff
NYnewmom81214
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to suggest seeing if someone had a wheelchair or even if you had a desk chair with wheels that one of your kids could push around for you that way you are still "resting" but will be able to do stuff. Also, the stores have the electric carts that one could be brought out to your car and then you can just ride it back out to the car after you get done shopping. I don't know what I would do on bed rest because I certainly would go crazy!

Pandapanda
by Amber on May. 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!
PeppyInPink
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Yikes. Hopefully the time zooms by! I think of probably be stir crazy as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)