Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did you have an elective ultrasound?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm looking to get a 3d/4d ultrasound done soon but not sure how to look for a place that does them. How did you find a place, how many weeks were you when you went, and was it worth it $$ wise?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Well I kind of see them ("routine") as elective anyhow as I don't do them in my pregnancies.    It would only be worth the money for me if there were indications and I had to pay out of pocket/no insurance.     I would want to do it with my midwife or doctor/where ever they recommended I go.      
GL!   

JacknJill
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I googled "3D" ultra sound in my area. And it was also word of mouth. Look at the reviews. I did mine at 15 weeks because it was an early ultra sound scan and I'm going to do it again around 33 weeks because then they look more like babies with chubby cheeks :)

Quoting shawnalovesdon0: I'm looking to get a 3d/4d ultrasound done soon but not sure how to look for a place that does them. How did you find a place, how many weeks were you when you went, and was it worth it $$ wise?
mommawhite08
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I'm only 19 weeks and I've had two already, I'll have one every four weeks til 36 weeks, then weekly due to high blood pressure and gestational diabetes.  So no, I'm already having plenty!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I have never had one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy211983
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I had a gender scan at 16 weeks. There are only two places that do them in the city I live in. The place we picked had wonderful reviews on Facebook and was cheaper. We found out the gender but the ultrasound was rushed. I paid for a package so we could have 20 minutes seeing him. And wanted to get pictures. We got the 12 pictures promised everyone on of either the same picture or his gender shot. I complained and they redid the ultrasound and that lady did a wonderful job. So many great shots.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)