Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

*** Updated ***Please Pray for my boys and pass their story along. I'm desperate for prayers.

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:59 AM
  • 82 Replies
3 moms liked this

Wyatt survived his surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew... i'll have a better update tonight after I go see him in person and talk to the resident.

So, I finally got a PO box setup.

Emma (Or Wyatt or Zeke)
PO Box 380152
San Antonio, Tx 78268

The reason I got the PO box is so I can just publicly post it and anyone who feels like sending a card, or anything else, this will get to me and I don't have to worry about trying to give out an address to other people's homes to pick stuff up.

Here's a list of ideas for things we could use.

Money for groceries, gas and to help pay for child care for 2 kids in this situation, I've always been a stay at home mom and I have hired a nanny to help me full time, she's giving me a great deal in this situation, but its still a few hundred dollars per month for her expenses... (it's equiv to a day care, but she lives with me to help me with everything else I need, errands, chores, secretarial work.) , etc to help reduce some stress on the cost of everything.... I'm currently supporting 3 households and bills, so while I normally would never take hand outs... I'm sucking up my pride in this situation. (And even with all these bills, we make too much money to qualify for any type of assistance, but we luckily have full insurance so at least we won't have millions in hospital bills.)

Anything extra at the end, will be donated to either cancer kids, or another nicu family in the same situation to give back to those in need. I WILL take these boys home. I'm absolutely determined to will them to live.

Taco bell, mcdonalds or red lobster cards so we can get the occasional meal out for the older kids.

HEB and walmart/target gift cards - I can use them for gas, groceries, etc.

Comfort items include anything dark chocolate and gluten-free items. (My son is sugar free AND gluten free, so if you feel like including him in a sugar free chocolate, he can eat it.)

Anything you feel like sending, we will either use, or donate to another nicu family if it turns out to be something we cannot or don't end up using.

Even if its just a card wishing us well, I'll be saving them in a keep sake box for the boys when they are older. I'm determined to will them to live. I'm hoping that our energy and good will for them is enough... I just find it hard to believe that after all the fighting they've done, that they'd give up now.

Knowing that you guys care really helps me right now. I cannot thank everyone enough for their prayers, their candles they've been lighteing, or just sending good vibes and energy our way. My boys appreciate it too.

Wyatt and his dad's hand.

Zeke and his dad's Hand.

Tomorrow, Wyatt will be having surgery first thing in the morning on his PDA to hopefully close it. Praying so much he survives another surgery. He's 2 lbs and he's healthier/more stable then he was with his other surgery so he stands a slightly higher chance with this one to survive, but his odds are still complicated.

Zeke is the one they are most worried about now. They removed all his IV's and did a fresh IV just for aggressive treatment with antibiotics. He's on double the breastmilk feeds now to make sure he gets some kind of food since he has been tolerating them and they had to take out everything due to his cultures showing up in the lines and his blood keeps re-acquiring infections.  Please pray the aggressive treatment works, or he probably will pass away in the next couple days. His lungs can't take much more.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeeBug32
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Praying!

kajira
by Emma on May. 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Thank you - his surgery is at 11am. I should know by noon-1pm

Zeke will take a couple days of cultures to figure out if the more aggressive antibitioc treatments are helping, provided his lungs don't give out before then. he's on the highest settings possible right now for supporting his lungs... there's nothing else they  can do.

Quoting LeeBug32:

Praying!

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 5, 2014 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Praying for you and your babies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mychinababy
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:27 AM
My goodness. Praying for your beautiful baby boys
Irene1923
by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM
Lots of prayers for your little ones, you, and your family. *Hugs*
cassidadillii
by New Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You're boys seem like they are very strong. I have a good feeling that they will both make it through this. Keep your chin up Mama, because you have some beautiful sons & they're gonna be okay. I pray for you, their father, & both of them. They're both gonna make it out of this happy & healthy.

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Hang in there, mama. Praying for your baby boys.
LeeBug32
by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hoping they both get well quickly. I shared your link on Facebook. Lots of prayers and good thoughts.

Quoting kajira:

Thank you - his surgery is at 11am. I should know by noon-1pm

Zeke will take a couple days of cultures to figure out if the more aggressive antibitioc treatments are helping, provided his lungs don't give out before then. he's on the highest settings possible right now for supporting his lungs... there's nothing else they  can do.

Quoting LeeBug32:

Praying!

lillucky8
by on May. 5, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Your family is in my thoughts, i hope everything goes smoothly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VirgoMom07
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Many prayers being sent to you and your sweet boys. You continue to be in my thoughts. (Hugs)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)