Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Am I the only one? *Family Related*

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
My mom is mad that I probably wont be going to thanksgiving with our family this year. Maybe its just me or is this normal?

My due date with this baby is the day before Thanksgiving. I don't really want to go anywhere just having had a baby. If my baby is a week or two old by thanksgiving I will probably go but if baby is less than a week old probably not. My main worry is it being the middle of flu and rsv season. What would you do?
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I wouldn't go. Anyone who wanted to see me/baby would have to come to me. I did that the first couple weeks with my son. He was born at the end of flu season.
misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM

My baby was born the day before thanksgiving as well, I knew very well I wouldn't be there but I told everyone I would if I could and left it at that. I was actually due on Thanksgiving but had him the day before so I was still in the hospital the majority of the day on thanksgiving as I didn't get out until about 8:30. I knew if I said flat out I wouldn't be there it would have been a problem so I just told my little white lie and went on with life lol. Congrats on your Thanksgiving baby!

bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Maybe next time she asks I will say this. And thank you!

Quoting misstaylor85:

My baby was born the day before thanksgiving as well, I knew very well I wouldn't be there but I told everyone I would if I could and left it at that. I was actually due on Thanksgiving but had him the day before so I was still in the hospital the majority of the day on thanksgiving as I didn't get out until about 8:30. I knew if I said flat out I wouldn't be there it would have been a problem so I just told my little white lie and went on with life lol. Congrats on your Thanksgiving baby!

SaGe_Ed
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM

My second daughter was born two days before thanksgiving.  We got out of the hospital on thanksgiving and actually went to my moms for thanksgiving dinner.  It wasn't a huge gathering.  I guess it's really all about how you feel.  I mostly just sat there with my daughter and cuddled her.  A few other people held her so I could get a plate of food.  Ewe stayed for three or four hours at the most.  So if it was me I'd probably go, but it's really a personal decision.

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I agree with you and I wouldn't go either. I'm heavily involved in church, like we're there for some reason at least five times a week. Staying late and getting there early. I have already told them I'm taking a big step back close to when I'm due and the month after. Do what you need to do.
1TallMamaCA
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I had my oldest ds the day before thanksgiving, so my thanksgiving was hosipital food lol

My youngest ds I had nov 1st and we did thanks giving at dh sister because it was only family who had already been around the baby anyways.

I'm due again... in nov this time the 11 the so ya.
abifasc
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:42 PM
No I wouldn't go!
MixedCooke
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Had baby on 11/15 and was there for Thanksgiving. If anything, family are a bunch of walking possible donors if something was wrong with your baby and do you really want to piss off your possible baby sitters as well? Go and bring a BIG bottle of hand sanitizer!
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
I wouldn't go. If you just had the baby then you both need recovery time. And I am already worried about illness. Holidays are like germ central.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM

How far away are they? What if you're still pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)