Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My heartburn will NOT stop and I'm always hungry!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 12:20 AM
  • 3 Replies
So I'm approximately 5 weeks pregnant  (still kinda in denial, but blood test results will be in Monday)  And I've had no real symptoms, but today I have recurring heartburn that's so terrible that my mouth waters like when you are about to throw up and I keep feeling like I'm constantly hungry, so I've been eatting all day!  It's too early to be this hungry!  

Food reduces the heartburn for a while, but then, an hour later it comes back and so does the hunger with it.  I feel like what I'm eatting isn't satisfying and the heartburn is driving me to eat more....so what do I do for this heartburn???  Maybe if I supress that enough I will stop feeling like I must eat constantly.  I have't been eatting anything out of the ordinary or spicy either.

Also, when did you start feeling uncomfortable in your usual jeans when you sit for a period of time?  It feels too tight, so I've been unbuttoning my pants, but like I said....I SHOULD be only 5 weeks along, and thats too early for snug jeans. 
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommyandhearts
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM
Well first off if you have heartburn the only thing you can really do to relieve it is chew tums YUCK!Also if your jeans are feeling tight its most likely bloating which is common in the beginning.

mrslizstephen
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 12:51 AM
There are plenty of safe medications you can take for heartburn during pregnancy! Tums did nothing for me! And mine was so severe that water even caused it! So my doctor put me on zantac! Its okay to take as long as you take your prescribed dose!
CplsWifey512
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 1:27 AM
My doctor put me on Pepcid! WIth my first child my heart burn was horrible! This one I take Pepcid twice a day or as needed and I NEVER have it! Its been great! See if your Dr will prescribe you something. Tums make me nauseas!! As for always being hungry try to snack often and eat smaller meals! Getting hungry for me ment getting sick! Always have a little snack with you, some kind of bar or something!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)