Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it wrong to feel miserable about putting on pounds during pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM
  • 27 Replies
Ill be 37 weeks pregnant friday with my first child, and I've gained almost 30 - 20 pounds. My doctor, husband, friends, and family are not as concerned as I am and they don't seem to understand how I feel. I'm completely thrilled at the prospect of becoming a mother, but the weight gain is making me miserable. Do I just need to 'get over myself'? Am I the only one who feels this way? I eat fruit every day and really healthy. 3 weeks ago my baby weighed 7 pounds already. Now I can only imaging how much he weighs.
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this
I gained 60lbs with my first two pregnancies and a total of 47lbs with my third. It sucks, but it's part of the territory.
VicVinegar
by Keila on May. 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think most women have at least a little bit of concern when it comes to gaining weight but you really shouldn't worry. You are so young and you've gained exactly the right amount of weight so chances are extremely high that your baby weight will melt right off! Seriously at 19 when I had my odd I gained over 50lbs and after 6months-ish I had lost all the weight plus an extra 5lbs! Being young your metabolism is at it's peak and once you start caring for a baby 24-7 you'll see the weight fall off!

And for that I hate you;)

Now I'm 30 and having my fourth PLUS it will be another c-section so it will take me a LOT of hard work and a long time to lose my weight!

Ashley3940
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Thank you for helping me :)

Quoting VicVinegar:

I think most women have at least a little bit of concern when it comes to gaining weight but you really shouldn't worry. You are so young and you've gained exactly the right amount of weight so chances are extremely high that your baby weight will melt right off! Seriously at 19 when I had my odd I gained over 50lbs and after 6months-ish I had lost all the weight plus an extra 5lbs! Being young your metabolism is at it's peak and once you start caring for a baby 24-7 you'll see the weight fall off!

And for that I hate you;)

Now I'm 30 and having my fourth PLUS it will be another c-section so it will take me a LOT of hard work and a long time to lose my weight!

MixedCooke
by on May. 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM
I've lost 3 pounds and I'm 24 weeks. I've exercised this entire pregnancy and managed my junk food cravings.
lovemytwo88
by on May. 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Breastfeed and you will bounce back. Im struggling with the emotional part of gaining weight as well.
EninJenniLouis
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM
I'm always worried about it. I'm 15+4 and have gained between 0 and 2 pounds depending on the day. My last pregnancy I obsessed about not gaining enough and then gaining really fast at the end. I don't have a scale anymore, so I only have my weight checked at the doctor's office. It's really helped me chill out.
lillucky8
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I gained 60 lbs with each of my pregnancies, my body just loads on the lbs when i am pregnant...itll leave after the baby is born, i tried not to focus one it too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gmm73
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I loaded it on with my first - about 60lbs, and I was 29...
Now, I'm loading it on again, even though I swore I wouldn't, and I weighed about 20lbs less when I fell pregnant... I'm 40 now...
I keep reminding myself that I'm growing a baby and I have time to lose the weight after - you do...I did, and I'll do it again! Just stay as healthy as you can with the consumption - my doc told me my metabolism pretty much stops while pregnant so there's a reason we put on the pounds..
Still upsets me though
StaciF
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM
I really struggle every time :(
Gmm73
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM
I loaded it on with my first - about 60lbs, and I was 29...
Now, I'm loading it on again, even though I swore I wouldn't, and I weighed about 20lbs less when I fell pregnant... I'm 40 now...
I keep reminding myself that I'm growing a baby and I have time to lose the weight after - you do...I did, and I'll do it again! Just stay as healthy as you can with the consumption - my doc told me my metabolism pretty much stops while pregnant so there's a reason we put on the pounds..
Still upsets me though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN