Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What do you think about the "don't eat lunch meat while pregnant"

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have asked my doctors and they told me that it is fine to eat lunch meat and I have had some people that say not to because of the risk of listeria. What's your opinion?
by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I eat it through both my pregnancies. Unless you're eating a ton I don't see the problem
VinVanMom
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I buy a turkey breast and cut my own. Tastes much better. 

kamismommy1208
by Jen on May. 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I read this online how we shouldn't eat lunch meat or hot dogs. It's driving me crazy because I totally want subway! But I'm afraid to.
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
This is my third pregnancy & I've eaten lunch meat occasionally through all of them
Curlgurl
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
My mom had listeria and delivered my sister who was very sick because of it at 29 weeks so I don't risk it. Unless it's well heated.
gingerprincess
by Kat on May. 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor said not to eat packaged lunch meat, but that fresh deli meat from Publix (Boars Head) is delivered daily & fine to eat, she just said if I bring it home, do not eat it after 4 days in the fridge.
CocolateLady
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I eat it.

sspaschal2427
22 weeks today
Yesterday at 5:52 PM
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I feel the same way! I've been craving Subway. But won't touch any lunch meat.

Quoting kamismommy1208: I read this online how we shouldn't eat lunch meat or hot dogs. It's driving me crazy because I totally want subway! But I'm afraid to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemals92
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Your not allowed hotdogs really. Oops I have had hotdogs I love hotdogs xx
Ashley3940
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I dont think you should worry. As long as its not an everyday thing. I eat it almost all the time e specially when I was in my first and second trimester and my baby boy is fine. I'm only 36 weeks and he weighs over 7 pounds and doctors say he is EXTREMLEY healthy. I think these doctors try to scare you. I mean look at people back in the older days, they had to eat whatever they could afford and their kids are fine. And they keep changing all these rules you can't do this an you can't do that. Some if it is crap to me. But I assure that you will be fine if you want to eat subway. And they tell you not to drink pop, you can as long as you don't go over boared and drink water the tear of the day. I hope this helps :)

Quoting kamismommy1208: I read this online how we shouldn't eat lunch meat or hot dogs. It's driving me crazy because I totally want subway! But I'm afraid to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)