Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Parking spots for moms to be

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 39 Replies

I know Babies R Us has them but I never used them. I figured as long as I was able, I'd walk a little further I didn't need to. Our hospital has parking for moms to be who are in labor, too. I don't think we used those either, lol.

Should they exist? Would you use them if all stores had them?

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on May. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM
They are so nice to find at stores. I parked at one the other day that was for parents with small kids.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM

we dont have the but if we did i would use them while i was pregnant.

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 8, 2014 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I think they're silly. Pregnancy isn't an illness or disability.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I didn't use it w my first but I think it will come in hand when I get farther along w a toddler as well.
musicalbabe85
by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Yes, I occasionally used them with my second pregnancy. I carried her low the entire pregnancy, and as she got bigger, it caused a lot of pain in my hips. My ankles started swelling around 7 months. Didn't matter what I did either, they stayed swollen. So, yes, occasionally, I used the expectant mother parking spots.
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I've never used them, we don't have them local but in the bigger town next to us. I think you shouldn't use them unless you have to or in the last 2 months.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I think every person and pregnancy is different and they can come in handy for someone , for instance I would use it if they had it at the grocery store I can't walk long ways without my vision being blurred sweating feeling faint and getting hot I have to even ride in the ride on carts if you would have ask me with my first pregnancy I would have just said they are being lazy but now experiencing such a hard demanding pregnancy I feel otherwise and will not and do not judge other pregnant moms never know what their pregnancy is like.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM

When I had my first they had a few. But since then I have never seen one. I never used them when I had my first. I could walk even with my sciatic nerve and SPD issues.

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Yea so far we have only used it once this time at bilo because I was having a terrible headache and couldn't walk much I still only made it a little while in the store before I had to go back out and sleep in the car. I think those spots are nice but really anyone could park there like I saw some old man park there. It's just a nice thing some stores do. But I've only seen them at babies r us and this bilo in town
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
Smoore922
by Samantha on May. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My water broke at home when I was pregnant with my daughter, on our way to the hospital my ex needed to pay our phone bill (so we can let family know we were at the hospital lol) so we stoppped at the mall and did in fact park in one of those spots.. I don't know if anyone THAT expectant had ever parked there before lol but it did come in handy for me... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN