Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nausea

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am around 13 weeks with baby #2 and I am constantly extremely nauseous. I want to sleep and lay on the couch all day and when I get up to do anything I feel like vomiting. Smells make me nauseated and sometimes just breathing. I was nauseous through my entire pregnancy last time but not nearly this extreme. I however, don't get sick to the point of vomiting but, I am really nauseous and gagging constantly. I was thinking of calling my doctor because I can't take it and feel like a bad mom to my two year old. Has anyone heard of them prescribing something for nausea if you are not vomiting? Or does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bajanmama
by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Fruit, specially grapes, helped me with my first two. I ate lots of fruit salad.

Freespirit28
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:17 PM

I just went out and bought seabands and they really do help take the edge off.  I removed them for 10 minutes and I felt the worse sickness coming on and I was convinced at that point that they work.  You can get them at any pharmacy.  Walgreens, CVS, etc and I paid $13 for them.

Mom100WV
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I had terrible nausea that lasted all day long and prevented me from functioning.  I was prescribed Zofran, which helped tremendously.  During my second trimester, I was switched to Reglan, which also helped.  I'm in my third trimester and luckily the nausea has eased up.  But in answer to your question, yes!  Ask the doctor for help if it's something that is interfering with your daily life, despite whether or not you're vomiting--that's what they are there for! 

Both medications are category B, by the way.  There is an older medicine that's back on the market now, which I believe might be a category A.  I cannot remember the name, but it is more expensive, and is basically Unisom and B6.  You can google it or ask your doctor, but with these safe alternatives, there is little reason to let yourself suffer!

CamaroMama214
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I've been taking vitamin b6 and unisom at night and it's just not helping. Perhaps it may be worse without it but I don't want to find out. lol I think I will call them tomorrow for sure. Thanks!

Quoting Mom100WV:

I had terrible nausea that lasted all day long and prevented me from functioning.  I was prescribed Zofran, which helped tremendously.  During my second trimester, I was switched to Reglan, which also helped.  I'm in my third trimester and luckily the nausea has eased up.  But in answer to your question, yes!  Ask the doctor for help if it's something that is interfering with your daily life, despite whether or not you're vomiting--that's what they are there for! 

Both medications are category B, by the way.  There is an older medicine that's back on the market now, which I believe might be a category A.  I cannot remember the name, but it is more expensive, and is basically Unisom and B6.  You can google it or ask your doctor, but with these safe alternatives, there is little reason to let yourself suffer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM
No fun!

It wouldn't hurt to ask your dr to prescribe something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Eating low carb reduces nausea. Focus on meat and veggies.
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor had me on zofran and phenergan, it was a life saver! My morning sickness finally went away around 17 weeks and I don't miss it!

Definitely give your doctor a call!
VicVinegar
by Keila on May. 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Make sure to not let your stomach get completely empty, even if all you can do is nibble on some crackers it will help tremendously. Ginger ale and peppermint caAndy helped me. You doctor can prescribe something, he did for me, but I hate taking pills while pregnant so I would only take one if nothing else I tried worked. Stay hydrated, drink lots of water. 

It will get easier I promise. With my oldest I had HG and was so sick for my entire pregnancy. In the end though it was all completely worth it as soon as I held my sweet little girl! Good luck momma!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)