Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

mothers day question

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ok sooo I dont know how many other women have asked this but... I was wondering is it right or ok to celebrate mothers day for my self even tho im only almost 22 weeks?? And same for fathers day..?? (But ill be further by then lol) just wondering
by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l0vEforMaNkInD
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM
My first pregnancy i ate a hot pocket for mothers day do what you want.
booaura
by Aurabella on May. 9, 2014 at 3:26 AM
It's up to you, do whatever you want.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on May. 9, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Sure why not. My 1st was a little over a month old for my 1st mothers day but I think you should do whatever you want😊
VicVinegar
by Keila on May. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Absolutely!! You ARE a mother after all!! I remember when I was pregnant with my oldest during mother's day and my bf's family was so sweet. They took me out to lunch and bought me a few little things for my very first mother's day!

Celebrate it up MOMMA!!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:23 AM

You need to do what feels right to you.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Sure. You're making sacrifices for your child already... you're already his/her mom. Go for it. :)
kamismommy1208
by Jen on May. 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM
With my 1st pregnancy I found out on Mother's day so I was so excited I didn't even think of celebrating mother's day. When fathers day came around I did something small for my dh and it was for Daddy to be =} So do what makes you happy.
MorriganzMommy
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

With my first I was in my 5th month and I wasn't going to celebrate that Mother's Day as I didn't want it to be my first Mother's day. That was the feeling I had. But my SMIL gave me a card and her mom gave me a bamboo plant as a Mother's Day gift.  

So I think its really up to you how you feel about it. I don't consider that one my first Mothers Day but that is my choice but it's apparent that some people do as my SMIL and her mom looked at it that way.

Devious103102
by on May. 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Do what you want. My "first" mothers day I was about 30/31 weeks and I celebrated. 

Larsbug
by Laura on May. 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM

why not? being pregnant makes you a mom in my book! same with father's day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN