Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant after 4 months PP and spotting-advice/insight please!

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have not had my ultrasound yet. Going off of when I had sex, I would be about 6ish weeks pregnant. When I went the bathroom this morning, I noticed a burnt orange/rust colored spot of blood and it's been happening ever since...now its more of a brown discharge and its been every time I wipe. EVERY TIME. I don't have cramping or pain though. 

I have Hashimotos disease (I'm hypo-thyroid right now) and just started Synthyroid....could it have anything to do with that? Or maybe the fact that I'm pregnant again so soon? My DS is 4 months. 

Has this happened to you? What ended up happening? I'm so nervous... :/ Should I let my doc know in the morning? Yes?

Thanks ladies ♥

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on May. 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freespirit28
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Your body is still getting back to normal from your previous birth.  That could be old blood left over.  Have you gotten your period yet after the birth of your son?  Whenever you become pregnant so soon after delivering you should see a doctor as soon as you find out. 

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I got pregnant with these twins when our youngest was 4 months and I had spotting and light bleeding up until like 15 weeks. Now I'm 28 weeks and everything is going okay.
WannaBeMom2013
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I started on a mini pill and then stopped I had one period but then stopped the BC and went on and off on nursing so thats why I didnt have another one. 

The doctor knows I'm pregnant. And my ultrasound is on the 23rd. :)

Hopefully baby is okay and my body is just trying to adjust itself!

Quoting Freespirit28:

Your body is still getting back to normal from your previous birth.  That could be old blood left over.  Have you gotten your period yet after the birth of your son?  Whenever you become pregnant so soon after delivering you should see a doctor as soon as you find out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Freespirit28
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM

The only kind of blood I would worry about is bright red blood that is accompanied by sharp pains.  Spotting is normal for a lot of women in the beginning of their pregnancies.  My friend is 13 weeks and she spotted for about 2 weeks and her baby is fine.  When I was prego with my son I had a little brownish spotting and it was just left over in my uterus from a previous cycle.  I haven't had anything with this pregnancy just the basics.  I am super nauseated and tomorrow I get to see my baby's heart beat.  I will 6 weeks 3 days.

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I'm almost 10 weeks with twins, and dd is almost 4 months. Some bleeding/spotting is normal during pregnancy. Brown means old blood. Call your doctor in the AM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM
I had bleeding at 7 weeks. I got pregnant when DD was 2.5 months old and am 29 weeks right now. Brown blood is old blood. Try to stay positive. I would call and let your doctor know though, they may get you in sooner. Hope all is well.
bethieboo88
by Bethany on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I had brown spotting for two weeks with this one. Bean is still okay! Keep positive thoughts! call your obgyn today just to be safe!!
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Spotting in early pregnancy is normal. You should base how many weeks you are by your last period OR the day you conceived if you know that date for sure.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Deff let your doc know but since it's not that bright red color it's most likely old blood. Good thoughts. 

sheli.bean
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I got pregnant at 3 months post partum, and I'm also on synthroid for hypothyroidism. I had the same thing grown. And bit of darkish spotting early on. It turned out to be a UTI for me. Maybe it's implantation bleeding or something? Try not to stress too much :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)