Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

he said he will leave me if i dont make the baby a jr.

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
  • 93 Replies
So im 37 weeks and i know that i dont have to long to pick a name for my son but im still deciding. Lately my SO has been an ass and he has been extremely disrespectful towards me. Throughout this pregnancy i have been calked a bitch, a hoe and many other hurtful things. I even got cussed out by him in public. I am nothing but a good person to him. And its been so hard for me not to stress. Since he has been rude towards me i felt like i should not make my son a jr because he doesnt respect me at all. Now i am being pressured on both sude of what to name him because my SO said he will leave me if i dont name the baby after him because it means we are not a family. And i have other ppl saying that they wouldnt name the baby after him because hes a jerk and he may not be here with me for long. And on the other side ppl say that well i should name the baby after him because thats his first son. But ppl forget that this is also my baby, and hes my first child too. So pls give me some advice on what i should name my son.
by on May. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
40 moms liked this
He's threatening to leave over a child's name.
He's being aggressive, manipulative, and disrespectful.

He's threatening to leave, period. He will leave you whether the baby is a Jr or not.

Do yourself a favor and let him pack his bags. He sounds like a loser anyway.
Kaybean
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM
8 moms liked this
Wow, I would tell him he won't be leaving me because I'm leaving HIM. I would say you should explain to him that name calling is verbal abuse and that if he really loved you he wouldn't leave you over not agreeing on the name but he sounds too stupid to even comprehend what respect is. I fear for your son's future around him.
cupcakes9876
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM
And i guess im affraid of being lonely and without him. We have been together for a very long time. But i know that time does not matter when it comes to being disrespected. And i dont want to feel like im kissing his ass by naming the baby after him, when i know he does not deserve it.

Quoting Pandapanda: He's threatening to leave over a child's name.

He's threatening to leave, period. He will leave you whether the baby is a Jr or not.

b1the1change
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Let him go. Pick your baby's name. Move onto a better life for you and your baby
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

if he's threatening because of that then he's looking for a way out already... I personally say let him leave. You don't deserve to be treated that way and he will only show your child how to disrespect you

mlg1989
Watashi wa anata o aishite Mugiwara Kaizokuban <3
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds manipulative and abusive as hell.
Do not name your child after him, leave his ass. If he treats you, the mother of his child this way how do you think he will treat the kid? Trust me...he will do it to the child as well.

I know it's scary to be alone but you won't be on your own forever and that man sounds toxic.
cupcakes9876
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I even told him that i will give the baby his first name but he doesnt like that idea either. And i have a strong feeling that if i make my son a jr, i will be making the wrong choice.

Quoting Kaybean: Wow, I would tell him he won't be leaving me because I'm leaving HIM. I would say you should explain to him that name calling is verbal abuse and that if he really loved you he wouldn't leave you over not agreeing on the name but he sounds too stupid to even comprehend what respect is. I fear for your son's future around him.
gingerprincess
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Couldn't have said it better. This precisely.

Quoting Pandapanda: He's threatening to leave over a child's name.

Kaybean
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I would NOT name him Jr or give him any satisfaction of thinking his bullying worked on you. Why are you even with him?

Quoting cupcakes9876: I even told him that i will give the baby his first name but he doesnt like that idea either. And i have a strong feeling that if i make my son a jr, i will be making the wrong choice.

Quoting Kaybean: Wow, I would tell him he won't be leaving me because I'm leaving HIM. I would say you should explain to him that name calling is verbal abuse and that if he really loved you he wouldn't leave you over not agreeing on the name but he sounds too stupid to even comprehend what respect is. I fear for your son's future around him.
EninJenniLouis
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Don't name the baby after him. Naming the baby something different makes you no less a family. Him being a jerk is taking away from you being a family. I would leave now, before the baby is born. My ex was sweet as all get out until it became real to him we were having a baby. Then, he thought I was stuck and he could disrespect me all he wanted. Well, I was stuck for a while and we ended up having another baby together because I didn't leave when I should have. Getting out was so much harder than it had to be. Good luck! Name that baby whatever you want to name him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)