Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Carpal tunnel during pregnancy

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM
  • 44 Replies

I am 23 weeks pregnant, and have symptoms of carpal tunnel.  I've looked up my hand symptoms which is constant numbness in fingers, and I called my OB, as well as my nurse and apparently no one is very concerned!  They tell me a few things I can do, but say that it's because I am pregnant, and will go away after I deliver:). 

So I am wondering if anyone has experienced carpal tunnel during pregnancy and what did you do to feel comfortable while dealing with the constant numbness? 

by on May. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
princess_peach
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it earlier in my pregnancy, but haven't had any issues for a few months now. I wore a brace when it was hurting really bad, but beyond that I just kind of dealt with it. I hope it eases up soon for you.
2luvmybabies
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM

How long did you have it for?  So far I've had it for 2 weeks...I got a brace, but feel like it doesn't help :(...I am going to try acupuncture and see if it helps.  Thanks, my doctor and nurse keep telling me if won't go away till baby is born, and I am like Ugh!.

Thanks again:)

Quoting princess_peach: I had it earlier in my pregnancy, but haven't had any issues for a few months now. I wore a brace when it was hurting really bad, but beyond that I just kind of dealt with it. I hope it eases up soon for you.

.PinkHart.
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very common
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My chiropractor told me if I get carpal tunnel to let him  know he can try and help.

staci1103
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:16 PM

It's very common.  I did not have it but my sister did and she ended up having to have surgery when she was 6 months pregnant.  Good luck

2luvmybabies
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Yeh I did not know this was so common until now that I have it!  I never had it with my other pregnancies, but I hope it goes away.

Quoting .PinkHart.: It's very common

2luvmybabies
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:22 PM

That's good to know that the chiropractor could help with this.  Thank you so much:)

Quoting Raeann11:

My chiropractor told me if I get carpal tunnel to let him  know he can try and help.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome

Quoting 2luvmybabies:

That's good to know that the chiropractor could help with this.  Thank you so much:)

Quoting Raeann11:

2luvmybabies
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Oh no! How long did your sister deal with carpal tunnel before she had surgery?  I am going to try acupuncture, because its annoying having numb fingers all day:(.  Thanks 

Quoting staci1103:

It's very common.  I did not have it but my sister did and she ended up having to have surgery when she was 6 months pregnant.  Good luck

lep27
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and I've been dealing with carpal tunnel symptoms for a month already. It sucks! Every morning I've been waking up with my hands closed and when I try to open it it hella hurts! My fingers just won't let me make a fist after that. So I just try to keep my fingers stretched out the rest of the day but still hurts. I hate it, I'm so ready to be done with all these crazy symptomsđź™…
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)