Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did/will you start and finish getting things ready?

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • 30 Replies

Just wondering when you started and finished (or plan to) setting up everything for the baby! I'm only 5 months, so I'm going to wait so that the stuff isn't all in the way (we already own most of it from my son), but I'm really looking foward to sorting through clothes and setting up the crib and everything! I'm a planner, so I know I'll finish well before my due date and then just stare at the stuff lol. 

by on May. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM

like you, everything needs to be done before my due date...course I am only 4 weeks lol so I have some time

lovemytwo88
by on May. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I already went thru clothes cuz i have a boy & girl and this one will be a surprise so i wanted to see what we would need for eithet gender and what neutral stuff we have. I probably wont do much else until about 2wks before my due date. Then i will wash everything, set up bassinett/swing/etc. In the mean time i will stock up on diapers & wipes.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

My first we had everything ready a month before she came. My second adn third. Since they spend some much time in our room. We had the play yard/bassinet in our room ready to set up when baby came and had all cloths, blankets and those kind of things washed and ready to go a month before they came. My second since she came so early. It was a week before she came.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I'm 29 weeks and everything is already set up. His clothes are washed and hung up, his crib all ready, and the pack and play put together.
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Im almost 6 weeks and i've got a good chunk done already. Dh is making the baby's crib and table, I already bought a tub, a boppy, a Sophia the Giraffe teether, a lot of neutral grey and yellow baby items, newborn diapers, and an antique wicker moses basket for baby. I'm trying not to overdo things because we are PCS'ing in July and going all the way to Yuma from SC so we don't really need to extra stuff to pack, but oh well! LOL

lilmomma27733
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:05 PM

i'm only 19 weeks, i have alot of things to buy still as i wasn't planning on more kids and gave most of it away to my older sister. i do plan on everything being ready when the baby arrives so it's all less stressfull and DF and i can just focus on enjoying this little one.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:30 PM

We set the crib up weeks ago lol, I'm only 23 weeks 2 days. We're still in the process of finishing the whole nursery, but we did a lot in there today, soon we'll be painting the murals on the walls and buying the finishing touches =) 

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Oh we also painted the whole room green starting around 8-10 weeks into my pregnancy, we're excited to say the least 

Mom100WV
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I'm 29 weeks and this is our first.  We started getting things ready in the last week or so.  We aren't finished, but my only concern is that I have everything ready before 37 weeks, and everything we definitely need for baby ready in the next week or so.  I don't want to be unprepared in the event I deliver early!

lep27
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 2:16 AM
I'm 33 weeks with my first baby and due June 27. I was planing to have a baby shower but my husband got everything super early. Still having one though lol. But since I'm due in the end of June we are going to set up everything in the beginning of June. He wanted to do it way sooner but I said no cus I didnt want the baby's things to collect dust.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN