Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Wiggly babies

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
So do you think that girls wiggle around more than boys in the womb?

My mom said in her opinion girls do move more than boys. I know my son didn't wiggle nearly as much as this little girl does.

Oh I guess u can't set up polls if you are mobile. Or I over looked it.
by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I've had two girls, so I don't really have a comparison. My mom has had 2 of each and always talks about how active we all were in the womb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom100WV
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM

It's an old wives' tale that can be told either way.  There isn't any science to support it, just a relatively small sample size of women who will say one way or the other.  It's fun though, especially considering it originated during a time when there was no way to tell the sex, accept to look for "signs" and make guesses.

...Sorry for being such a debbie downer about it!

AppleTechMom
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM
You are not. I was wondering if anyone had this. Plus I'm bored because I'm sitting in l&d due to passing out because of low blood sugar. I'm type 1. We thought I was starting insulin resistance but then this happens. I had it happen in my first tri too twice actually. I'm 21+6 today. You should hear her moving. Will not stay on the monitor.

Quoting Mom100WV:

It's an old wives' tale that can be told either way.  There isn't any science to support it, just a relatively small sample size of women who will say one way or the other.  It's fun though, especially considering it originated during a time when there was no way to tell the sex, accept to look for "signs" and make guesses.

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I only have one girl and I hardly ever felt her move. Right now I'm pregnant with boys # 5 & 6 and they never stop. My boys have all been very active in utero. My girl was the lazy one. Lol
Mom100WV
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Hope everything turns out alright.  I'm 29 weeks 4 days with our first.  It's a little girl and she's going nuts in there.  Early morning and right before bed it's like she has a jack hammer.  Husband laughs because he can see my shirt moving from her kicks and jabs across the room.  My sisters were the same way, but they all had boys.

Quoting AppleTechMom: You are not. I was wondering if anyone had this. Plus I'm bored because I'm sitting in l&d due to passing out because of low blood sugar. I'm type 1. We thought I was starting insulin resistance but then this happens. I had it happen in my first tri too twice actually. I'm 21+6 today. You should hear her moving. Will not stay on the monitor.
Quoting Mom100WV:

Devious103102
by on May. 19, 2014 at 1:08 AM

My first and 2nd daughters were very wiggly, my 3rd and 4th daughters not as much, my son was much more wiggly than DD's 3 & 4 but not as much as 1 & 2. 

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 19, 2014 at 4:42 AM
I've had one of each, and I couldn't tell any difference in the amount they moved around.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I have all girls. My first two I rarely felt at all. My third was a mover. I think every baby moves differently.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM
I've had two boys and a girl. This last boy is by far the most wiggly and active
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN