Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Diaper bag-what do you use?

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  • 35 Replies
I'm really thinking of getting a Vera Bradley baby bag. A friend has one & she's used it for two years & you'd hardly ever know it. There are some adorable designs and hubby actually agreed to let me get one.
They range from $40-80 where I live & online many are on sake for $70. I feel like even at babies r us they can be pretty pricey for one every mom probably has lol so why not get a cute pattern.
I'm kinda picky, i love cute and don't care for the pooh near bags or the standard styles, often green & brown I see at Walmart & babies rus.
I figure if I'm using it daily why not love it.. It practically turns into your mommy purse lol

Do you use a Vera? Or another style?
Would you suggest what you have?
by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I use a back pack. I don't like the one shoulder bags. Plus we cloth diaper so we need a bit of space
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
After my son's broke we did a backpack too which wasn't bad!
Her bag I think had equal or maybe more space in it than my sons backpack. We're doing cloth too, I like that they are lined inside, just in case.

Quoting RADmomma: I use a back pack. I don't like the one shoulder bags. Plus we cloth diaper so we need a bit of space
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM
I was picky when choosing my backpack. I tried a regular diaper bag first & hated it.

I choose the skate brand backs... Hurley is what I have now. It's lined, padded, tons of pockets & it's built to last. I'm on my 3rd year with the same bag. I love it!!!

Quoting PeppyInPink: After my son's broke we did a backpack too which wasn't bad!
Her bag I think had equal or maybe more space in it than my sons backpack. We're doing cloth too, I like that they are lined inside, just in case.

Quoting RADmomma: I use a back pack. I don't like the one shoulder bags. Plus we cloth diaper so we need a bit of space
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Oh I never thought of that but now I do recall a friend used one all through high school & it was nice. I'll have to remember that in case we ever go that route again!
Being able to be hands/arms free is nice too.

Quoting RADmomma: I was picky when choosing my backpack. I tried a regular diaper bag first & hated it.

I choose the skate brand backs... Hurley is what I have now. It's lined, padded, tons of pockets & it's built to last. I'm on my 3rd year with the same bag. I love it!!!

Quoting PeppyInPink: After my son's broke we did a backpack too which wasn't bad!

Jessica6410
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

There are lots of cute ones people make on etsy that you can customize the fabric and lining and pockets. That's where I ordered mine. It does take longer since it handmade but I'm super excited to have one that looks more like a purse and cute that no one here will probably have.

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I never thought of that! How cool, I may check them out, in ordering some stuff off of there already, like inserts & nursing necklaces :)

Quoting Jessica6410:

There are lots of cute ones people make on etsy that you can customize the fabric and lining and pockets. That's where I ordered mine. It does take longer since it handmade but I'm super excited to have one that looks more like a purse and cute that no one here will probably have.

complextrina
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I have an all metallic grey skip hop one, and a green and black backpack for dh (his mom got it as a shower gift, unaware that I already had a diaper bag, so we figured he would just use "his" to seem a little more "manly.")
Jessica6410
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I hadn't either then someone posted the bag they ordered from their and I was so amazed at the selection. So many cute fabric choices and lots of different sellers. Nice to if you ordered from someone who is already a mom they know what you want in a bag for a diaper bag and how you don't want it to look like a diaper bag.

Quoting PeppyInPink: I never thought of that! How cool, I may check them out, in ordering some stuff off of there already, like inserts & nursing necklaces :)
Quoting Jessica6410:

Closet_Case
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Mobile Photo

Avetay
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Im gonna get a small one from my friends etsy shop. I nurse so I only really need a few diapers a blanket or two and extra clothes. So I dont need anything huge.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)