Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bring on the awkward statements

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM
  • 42 Replies
I went to a little dessert diner today and a woman asked me if I was In labor because I looked really uncomfortabl,e and I said, "no I actually have 3 months to go", and she says, "and there's only one in there?!?"

It was like yep, that's what they told me.

It's my 2nd pregnancy and I'm 26 weeks looking about as big as I was with DD at 31 weeks, le sigh.
by on May. 19, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamashealovekin
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I'm on my third and am almost 23 weeks but look 33. Strangers are so insensitive!
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
It's so much different with number two, with my daughter I really didn't even start showing til around 6 months

Quoting mamashealovekin: Lol I'm on my third and am almost 23 weeks but look 33. Strangers are so insensitive!
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

For comparison the first photo is 26 weeks this pregnancy the 2nd is 26 weeks last pregnancy
Zipcrystal
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 3:59 AM

How rude! I hate when people say thing like that to me. I'm pregnant bid deal doesn't mean you have to say something about it. Just one of the downsides to being pregnant I guess. 

booaura
by Aurabella on May. 19, 2014 at 4:28 AM
Some people have no internal filter.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Ugh people suck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on May. 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I was actually bigger with my 1st than any of the others. This is #5 I'm 25wks 4 days and I'm the smallest I've ever been this far in pregnancy.
Tradorwi
by New Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Well I was 26 w with the first. I stood next to a girl that was getting ready to have her kid the next day. And was way bigger. Some women carry the baby upfront some carry in the hips or back. She could've been a lot more considerate. ! People are terrible with words. I apologize on her behalf.
Larsbug
by Laura on May. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

comments like these are what I call verbal diarrhea...

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, and on top of it I am uncomfortable and unaware of how my body is going to stretch any further, so I really need someone to remind me of what my body is enduring... Lol

Quoting Tradorwi: Well I was 26 w with the first. I stood next to a girl that was getting ready to have her kid the next day. And was way bigger. Some women carry the baby upfront some carry in the hips or back. She could've been a lot more considerate. ! People are terrible with words. I apologize on her behalf.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)