Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40+1

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
I was due yesterday. Still no baby yet. I've been having contractions every 30 minutes for about 4 days now. I was dilated to 3 at my appt last week. I have another appt for an NST today. I keep thinking he will be here soon. I'm so anxious and my family is so impatient. I feel like they are so disappointed that he's not here yet. I'm hoping for some progress today. How did your labor start?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It's only been one day past your ESTIMATED due date... Quit giving a crap what others think lol!

Mine started in the middle of the night. Went into the hospital an hour and 40 minutes later, had baby in my arms 20 minutes upon arrival.

mychinababy
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I hated how other people made we feel i
Like I was intentionally keeping my babies in lol. My labors all start in the morning. I've never had a night baby.
mommy2twoboyz
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:24 AM
I know! I am excited to have made it this far myself! I have had such a rough pregnancy I never thought I'd make it to term and I didn't with my first two pregnancies. This will be our final baby and I just want him to come when he's ready. However, I am already being pressured to induce. Even my insurance called and asked if I was scheduled yet!? I told him I wasn't even due until Sunday. He just said make sure to call when he's born. Maybe it's because of so many close calls. I'm excited to meet him too. I mean I'm the one who has suffered the most to get this far. Surely everyone can wait a few more days.
booaura
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body and your baby will produce baby when both are ready. Ignore everyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2twoboyz
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
What was it like when your water broke? A big gush or small amounts of fluid? Mine has never broke on its own. My contractions around 7 minutes apart for the past hour or so. Appt at1 I guess we'll see if I progress or not. Fingers crossed.
courtAKAmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I can't imagine going over 40 weeks you are tough!! I was induced twice but my youngest came on her own and my labor was so much easier than the first 2. I will not let them induce me this time unless it's for the baby's safety!
Good luck he will be here very soon!
mylesmommi27
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii system lmboooo!!! No Lie i went into labor that night
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:57 AM

My first came at 40+2. I hope it starts soon for you. Hang in there!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM
This! I hate how others act at the end of a pregnancy about the baby being "late". Like the pregnant woman herself doesn't have enough emotions going on.

Quoting booaura: Your body and your baby will produce baby when both are ready. Ignore everyone else.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM

My first I was just tired the day before. My water  broke and ten minutes later contractions started. My second I pretty much slept the day before. I just thought I was getting sick. My third for 5-8 weeks. I had everything under the sun. (losing mucus plug fore 5 weeks, contractions for 8 weeks - five times I went into labor for it to stop, diarrhea for 8 weeks and so on)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)