Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hormone pills during pregnancy...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I had my first prenatal appointment today! So relieved to see my little bean starting to form...I know it's still early...6 weeks...so I'm being very cautious because I have had 2 previous miscarriages. So because of this they put me on a hormone pill that I insert vaginally. I'm kind of scared. Are there gonna be any side effects? I thought progesterone started your period? What if my hormones are fine? will it mess them up? will it effect the baby? I just want this one to work out. Has anybody else had to do this while you were pregnant? And how did it work out for you?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Heather2001
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Did they do bloodwork before putting you on the progesterone?  It's common for women with multiple miscarriages to be tested for and given progesterone.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Not sure here is a bump!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmarie1113
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
They did do blood work and went ahead and put me on it not knowing if I have low progesterone or not, this is just in case. The blood work won't be back for a few days. But even if I don't have low progesterone it shouldn't hurt anything, right? I know I should have asked my dr all these questions but its a new dr and I was just ready to see the baby! Lol! And I did pit it in last night, and some of it came out. I'm guessing that's normal?

Quoting Heather2001:

Did they do bloodwork before putting you on the progesterone?  It's common for women with multiple miscarriages to be tested for and given progesterone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)