Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's all so new to me! Have a few questions.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

So at this point (26 weeks and 4 days) with my quad pregnancy, I was already on bed rest in the hospital. Ended up delivering at 29 weeks.

This pregnancy, the Dr surprises me by saying "so, how are we delivering this baby?" Uh, I assumed C-section, because I'm not from a real big town and most Dr.s do not want to do VBAC and I'm not a hard core natural birth kind of girl. He says I'm actually a good candidate for a VBAC. So since he brought it up to me at 13 weeks, I have been trying to decide what is the right choice for me. I have posted on it before, but I just still can't decide.

My questions are: When do Dr.s usually start seeing you more? I go now, about every 3-4 weeks.

When will he start "checking" me?

How will I know what the right decision is for me? After talking to my sis in laws (maybe not the best sources because they have had all c-sections" they strongly warned against it, because of having to have a complete histerectomy should incision rupture, plus the dangers to the baby. I AM NOT ready to go that route. Plus reading on the internet that says if your vbac fails and you need another c-section, a histerectomy may be necessary then too? Ahhh, making myself crazy!

Also for you repeat c-sectioners, does your incision bug you more and more each scar? Mine itches (no pain) like crazy at times, will that be worse or same?

Share your stories, Ladies, please and thank you!!

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karaklett
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump because I'm curious about the scar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingerprincess
by Kat on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I've never had a Csection, but if your doctor thinks that you are a good candidate for a VBAC then I'd go with it. He wouldn't  suggest it if he wasn't confident it would be safe.

milfanyway
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Vbac all the way. Recovery is shorter, complications are a lower risk than a repeat c section. It's healthier for baby and mom. Your doctor sounds amazing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milfanyway
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Btw I've had two c sections and a vaginal birth, vaginal is a million times easier on your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hopen
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Did your body go back to "normal" after VBAC, as much as normal can be for pushing out a baby? Thank you for answering! :)
Quoting milfanyway: Btw I've had two c sections and a vaginal birth, vaginal is a million times easier on your body.
Hopen
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

milfanyway
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You go back to normal much faster than after a c section.

Quoting Hopen: Did your body go back to "normal" after VBAC, as much as normal can be for pushing out a baby? Thank you for answering! :)

Quoting milfanyway: Btw I've had two c sections and a vaginal birth, vaginal is a million times easier on your body.
Heather2001
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM

You usually start going every 2 weeks around 30-32 weeks.  You don't need to be checked, technically, because cervical checks are basically useless. The risks of rupture are VERY small with a VBAC and the overall risks are higher with a repeat c-section.  Your doc sounds pretty knowledgeable (not something I say about a lot of OBs) and actually has your best interests at heart.  I'd seriously consider the VBAC were I you.  Good luck!

Hopen
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Thanks so much for all of your information! I appreciate it!

Quoting Heather2001:

You usually start going every 2 weeks around 30-32 weeks.  You don't need to be checked, technically, because cervical checks are basically useless. The risks of rupture are VERY small with a VBAC and the overall risks are higher with a repeat c-section.  Your doc sounds pretty knowledgeable (not something I say about a lot of OBs) and actually has your best interests at heart.  I'd seriously consider the VBAC were I you.  Good luck!

Mom2five87
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM
I've never had a c section but if he is giving you the option to deliver vaginally I would say go for it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)