Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

placenta previa

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

I had my first ultrasound today.  I am 12weeks and 2 days along.  The placenta is completely covering my cervix.  The doctor doesn't seem concerned about it right now.  He told me that as I progress that the placenta might move out of the way.  I was wondering how many other mommas was told that the placenta was covering their cervix and it did move before the end of the third trimester?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lost2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Never had this here is a bump!
LifesALilHectic
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I was told I might have placenta accreta, but thankfully they found that I showed no signs of it later on.

firecat8301
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I have never heard of placenta accreta.  What is it? 

Quoting LifesALilHectic:

I was told I might have placenta accreta, but thankfully they found that I showed no signs of it later on.

LifesALilHectic
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM

When the placenta burrows too deep int the uterine wall ( usually results in a hysterectomy )

Quoting firecat8301:

Quoting LifesALilHectic:

firecat8301
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I'm glad to hear that you showed no signs of it later on.  How far along were you when they noted that?

Quoting LifesALilHectic:

When the placenta burrows too deep int the uterine wall ( usually results in a hysterectomy )

Quoting firecat8301:

Quoting LifesALilHectic:

.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I had it with my first. No it did not move resulting in a csection. I had partial previa and accreta with my second. And with this one I have marginal previa
Whit0416
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM
This happened to me at 16 weeks. I started bleeding and freaked out. I was put on bedrest until the placenta moved. Luckily it moved around 20 weeks and I'm off bedrest. Good luck!
Focused_Mom
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I had previa and possible accretta but it has completely moved out of the way and no chance of the accretta now. Good luck and I hope yours moves too!
firecat8301
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM

With your first was it complete previa?   What kind of restrictions did they place on you and how far along were you when you had your kids?   Did you have to go on bedrest?  Stupid me I decided to research placenta previa a little more and I'm trying to prepare myself for if the placenta does not move.   

Quoting .PinkHart.: I had it with my first. No it did not move resulting in a csection. I had partial previa and accreta with my second. And with this one I have marginal previa

firecat8301
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Thank you, you are giving me hope.  The sad thing is I have to sit and wait for 10 weeks to see if it has moved.

Quoting Focused_Mom: I had previa and possible accretta but it has completely moved out of the way and no chance of the accretta now. Good luck and I hope yours moves too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)