Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pleeeeease help

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  • 24 Replies
I will be 36 weeks next week. My husband is in the military and he leaves for over seas June 22. My doctor will not induce at all if it's not medically necessary. This is our first child together and he will be gone for 6 months. He really wants to meet his daughter before he goes. Please any suggestions on how to have this baby before he leaves. .......
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillycraftymama
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Find another Dr, if your positive that's the route you want to go. You can Google ways to "naturally induce" but nothing is guaranteed to work.
firecat8301
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Have sex

.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM
My friends Dr induced her for that exact reason
Mrs.Becki
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Sorry :( most doctors can't induce until 39 weeks without a medical reason. If that baby's not ready you won't be able to naturally make it come without making it dangerous. There's no way he can leave later?
momma-rogers
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM
I just want to know if anything had worked for anyone else
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Isn't 36 weeks a little early? I understand him wanting to see her but she needs to come when she's ready.
abifasc
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Honestly....I would think about the long term affects on her of making her come early instead of allowing her to come when she's ready. A baby really needs all 40 weeks to grow, and the chance that she could end up in the nicu would be a chance I wouldn't want to take. Have you considered skype? Many of my military friends have given birth with their husband on the other end of the phone or on skype and felt it was still a very special experience.
harleigh07
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM

speed walking and lots of sex!!!!

Hopen
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Baby is not considered full term until 37 weeks. Like all of these ladies have said, probably not a great idea to rush! I totally understand where you are coming from though!
momma-rogers
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I want going to try anything till 37 weeks. He will still be here then. Nobody knows what could happen while he is gone. I would like fire him to have that memory before leaving. What if he doesn't make it back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)